Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Relic MG34 parts/accesory display case

Article about: Hi guys, figured I'd show off this relic MG34 part/accessory display case that I've been working on for quite some time... just finished! There's only 4 items in there plus a couple of vinta

Default Relic MG34 parts/accesory display case

Hi guys, figured I'd show off this relic MG34 part/accessory display case that I've been working on for quite some time... just finished!

There's only 4 items in there plus a couple of vintage photos of the seaplaneharbor in which the items were found but considering the fact that all of these items have been submerged in saltwater for the last 67+ years I'm really happy with how it turned out in the end.
    The amount of black sludge and gunk I've had to go through to find and clean these items up is enough to make even me shudder

The case was built from scratch using supplies from the local for the framework itself, the glass came from a cheap frame I purchased and cut to size, so did the plate holding it all in on the back. The paint came out through some creative experimentation
    The items were all mounted on a piece of foam-board that I cut to size, and the cloth covering it was simply a red t-shirt that I stretched and stapled on to the back.

Inside are:
    A relic MG34 stock that I found earlier this year
    A cleaned up MG34 bolt
    A cleaning brush for weapons (seen this type incl. in MG34 maintenance kits before, anyone care to confirm or weigh in?)
    A 7.92x57 casing
    2 copies of a couple of original photos from 1940 depicting this local seaplane-harbor

Probably not much in some people's eyes but it's a cool piece of local war history for sure

Hope you like it!

Regards,
    Andreas

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic MG34 parts/accesory display case
    P
    Many

Default Re: Relic MG parts/accesory display case

Even though there's 0 replies I thought I'd update this thread a bit

First of all I found out that the cleaning brush was for the mg13 and not the mg34 as I previously thought. The other thing is that I've added another cool ( well, for me at least) relic find to the display; a "3,7 Pak St????buchseschraube"

Wrench of some kind for the 3,7 Pak I take it... anyone seen one or got photos of/info on this tool? If there's any interest I can post some photos...

Default Re: Relic MG34 parts/accesory display case

Very nice finds there, where in Norway are you located? The stock is in excellent condition, was it found in the sea/swamp or something?
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from HKB 31./977, HKB 32./977, HKB 38./977 or militaria related to Norway

Thanks, Vegar! "Seeflughafen Hommelvik" --- between Trondheim and Stjørdal (Værnes). All of the items (except for the casing, which was dug up by an old german position in Hommelvik) were found down by the beach by the remnants of the old harbor, so everything's been in saltwater since 1945... kind of amazing that anything's left down there really.

The thing that's too bad about the mg34 stock is that it's had the lower part of it broken off, the eagle+swas is still visible though

?

Interesting finds Andreas !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Thank you, Paul! Wish I'd been down there searching decades earlier though, most of it's already rusted away after all those year in saltwater... I'm sure there's still more stuff to be found, I just have to get myself a bit "dirtier"

I'm having problems reading exactly what it says beneath "3,7cm Pak"... there's "Sto" and what I'm fairly certain says "buchseschraube" at the end -- so "Sto-----buchseschraube". Anyone able to fill in the gaps from prior knowledge?

Here it is on its own and in the finished case:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Relic MG34 parts/accesory display case   Relic MG34 parts/accesory display case  

These are very nice finds! I know you had to dig through alot of sludge but wasn't this worth it? Keep it up! if you found these it is more than likely there will be more to be discovered. Your personalized framing just accents your grouping even more.

My Best, Tyrone

mpw
    ?

Well done for turning some random beach finds into an interesting historical display. Keep up the good work and more of the same please.

Regards, Mark.

Thank you for the nice comments guys... appreciate it. I still have a few bits and pieces lying around and I'm definitely not giving up the beach just yet, just have to brace myself and get deep down in there

Anyone have any more info on the 3,7cm Pak wrench? I've been searching all over the web but haven't found a thing re. tools/accesories for the 3,7cm Pak..

A return to this subject 3 years after the last post and I can report that I FINALLY found a positive ID for the 3,7 Pak wrench! Yes I am persistent

What it says below the "3,7 cm Pak" inscription is actually "Stopfbuchsenschraube" and this tool was apparently used to "replace the striker" (according to the ebay listing), whatever that really means. More info on the particular usage of this one is welcomed---

Here's the one I found once again and then a photo of an intact example --- another mystery solved!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast