Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep

Article about: For 15 years I had heard of a Jeep somewhere within 20 miles of where I live but the person who knew of its whereabouts wouldnt tell me where it was. By devious means I eventually got him to

Default Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep

For 15 years I had heard of a Jeep somewhere within 20 miles of where I live but the person who knew of its whereabouts wouldnt tell me where it was. By devious means I eventually got him to intimate its vague whereabouts and scoured the area for two days until I found it. It was put in this open shed in 1968 and forgotten about. The first set of pictures show the state of it and the resturation of the body. This is a small selection of the pictures I have. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep   Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep  

Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep   Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep
    P
    Many

Sturmtrupp44
    ?

Default Re: Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep

Nice Work !

I hope u get it ready ;-)

Greets Sturm

[QUOTE=Sturmtrupp44;129078]Nice Work !

I hope u get it ready ;-)

Greets Sturm[/QUOTE
    thanks for that, yes it is up and running . Only have to set the tracking. John.

More pictures for you. The Jeep was sold out of service in 1958, you will see in one set of pictures thet the bumperetts have the formation sign for Southern Command and the other one has the REME colours and in the white bar it says No.1 Commd Wksp. They were based in Aldershot. As my main hobby is collecting formation signs I was very pleased to find original formation signs. I did all the metal bashing myself appart from the rear panel, I refurbished both wings because they had the ford script letter.Please enjoy the progress. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep   Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep  

Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep   Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep  

Here is one that belongs to someone else that I restored. I really did not want to give it back, it was beautiful. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep  

Sturmtrupp44
    ?

Dear John !

Unbelievable what u have maked from this car !

It looks beatyful !!!!!!!

VERY VERY NICE !!!!!
    Greets Sturm

wow you have done a great job on your own wheels to this point and that customers job you done was also something elese thanks for saveing that other old girl and thanks for shareing

Hi, im glad the car has been saved, great job restauring the other jeep, looks beautifull.

Best Regards
    Nuno

She looked a real mess when you found her, but it's amazing that these
    old, beat up jeeps can be brought back. Keep up the good work and
    show us more of her when you can !

Regards,

Steve.

The two pictures below are from the resturation of the sand coloured jeep. You can see that someone has brazed a core plug over a puncture damage in the sump. The picture of the bonnet shows where at one time it was cut and folded up to allow the deep fording snorkel to be attached to the air intake. John.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Resturation of 1944 Ford Jeep