Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Share with us your gas masks

Article about: Hello mates.I thought to start a Thread for the gas mask ''lovers''.Below is my 4 gas mask.Not something awesome but a good start...

danny its a pleasure to see you back on here ,i think your updated gasmask collection will impress us all ,im looking forward to it ,hope your well and best wishes for xmas and new year mate

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Share with us your gas masks
    P
    Many

Quote by James C View Post
    danny its a pleasure to see you back on here ,i think your updated gasmask collection will impress us all ,im looking forward to it ,hope your well and best wishes for xmas and new year mate
    I do pop by the forum and have a lurk around occasionally, once I get my collection sorted out and get the rest of the photographs taken I'll certainly have a lot to show Best wishes to you for Christmas and the new year too!

And, to keep in with the spirit of this thread here is a photograph of the two First World War pieces in my collection, a British Small Box Respirator on the left, and an American "Corrected English Model" Small Box Respirator on the right.

Thanks

Danny

Quote by AIF View Post
    Here is my favourite A very rare Australian 43 pattern lightweight Jungle camo gas mask (first type) dated April 1943... So far the only one of it's type known to exist.
    Here's another, but I'm not sure if it's a first type, May 43
    Last edited by reneblacky; 12-25-2013 at 04:41 AM. Reason: added pics

beautifull pieces danny ,i look forward to what other treasures you have ,and René i like the colouration on that lightweight mk4 ,very unusual thanks for showing

appropriate head gear to go with the Aussie light weight

Here's shots of most of my lot taken over the years

Wow thats a lot of maskss.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

As almost all of the masks shown in this thread are from past conflicts and don't really see much actual use nowadays, here are some of the more modern pieces of my collection some of which have seen use in more recent conflicts. Its also interesting to look at these from a design point of view, although delivering the exact same function, the designs that came about almost 100 years ago have almost gone entirely.

British Avon C50

British Avon CT12 fitted with internal microphone

American ILC Dover M40

Swedish Forsheda A4

French Giat ARFA

Candian AC4, designed for use by aircrew.

Thanks

Danny

very nice modern collection danny ,nice the see the m40 in close up detail ,its not a gassie im familiar with but i see the design moved away from those awkward to fit and remove cheek filters found on the m17

Quote by GasMasksUK View Post
    As almost all of the masks shown in this thread are from past conflicts and don't really see much actual use nowadays, here are some of the more modern pieces of my collection some of which have seen use in more recent conflicts. Its also interesting to look at these from a design point of view, although delivering the exact same function, the designs that came about almost 100 years ago have almost gone entirely.

British Avon C50

British Avon CT12 fitted with internal microphone

American ILC Dover M40

Swedish Forsheda A4

French Giat ARFA

Candian AC4, designed for use by aircrew.

Thanks

Danny
    Hi Danny,

nice mask collection. The Avon C50 is awesome!

I am a swedish collector, or I used to collect masks, and just want to add some information about the Swedish Mask above. About 10 years ago I got in contact with one of the men in the oroginal development-team within the swedish FMV (Försvarets Materielverk, bad translation Swedish Defense Material Deportment) and actually bought some early masks from the "release" of this mask and also a flask that contains 1,5 Liters which was the actual prototype, the ones they now use contains about 1 L. The flask was really cool and was marked with "Försök" which kind of means "Trial".

Anyway, the mask is produced by Forsheda as noted above.
    In the military its refered to as Skyddsmask 90, which means Protection Mask 90. 90 comes from the year it was starting developed if I remember correctly. The swedish current mask is this one and the camo clothes are called 90 aswell, like Pants 90, Jacket 90 and so on.

The mask is called A4 when it is sold to civilians or non-military organisations like voluenteer-firebrigades etc.

The history about this mask is from The Gulf War. Sweden agreed to send a medical team with fieldhospitals down to Kuwait and prior to this Sweden wanted to make a new mask and they actually went to UK and made an agreement which allowed them to use the british S10 as starting point for the Swedish mask. The mask they had at the time was the Skyddsmask 51, which is a straight off copy of the american M9A1 and used from the 50's up til the Skyddsmask 90 was done developing.

Actually I think the civilian sold masks are marked with A4 on the forehead, and the military ones are unmarked, but this might have changed.

So, this is what he told me, hopefully it gives you some new light on this mask

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast