Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

From Shipping Crate to Militaria Display

Article about: Recently, I took delivery of a WWI downed aircraft section from a friend. The piece was shipped in the crate you see below. Not wanting to discard such a well-crafted box, I started thinking

Default Re: From Shipping Crate to Militaria Display

really like it

cheers jacob

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement From Shipping Crate to Militaria Display
    P
    Many

?

Are you going to be installing a glass front after the display is put into your new display crate... ah, I mean case?

Thanks Reg and Scott. As a matter of fact, I have flirted with the idea of placing a Plexiglas front piece to recess within the 1/4 in outer frame overhang. For my office display purposes, I will have it open, however, I have talked to my local library historian about placing the Hill group on display during the week of Veteran's day, and if we can come to an agreement, I ill definitely have a piece cut so that I can place there to keep things from "walking off".

I have picked out a two foot tall antique lamp that will rest on top of the trunk opposite of the tunic on a mannequin, so I think it will be best to leave it open at home so too much heat from the bulb doesn't build up in the enclosed area.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

I used a cannon shell box for a few years till some one wanted the box

?

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    . I have picked out a two foot tall antique lamp that will rest on top of the trunk opposite of the tunic on a mannequin, so I think it will be best to leave it open at home so too much heat from the bulb doesn't build up in the enclosed area.
    Use a screw in florescent bulb. Yeah, it's not exactly period correct but if it's under a shade no one will see it anyhow plus, they don't get hot.

The bill for this great idea shown above, is in the mail, you have 30 days to pay.

Quote by Bugme View Post
    Use a screw in florescent bulb. Yeah, it's not exactly period correct but if it's under a shade no one will see it anyhow plus, they don't get hot.

The bill for this great idea shown above, is in the mail, you have 30 days to pay.
    Fluorescent bulbs are VERY bad for cloth and photos. I am not one to go nuts (putting my items in an inert atmosphere) but these bulbs will seriously fade cloth and paper items rapidly. I have seen it first hand and it is not pretty... Wanna re-think that bill thing???????
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Here is a little better shot with the display indoors now. Although I still can't accurately capture the cream color, it is there.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture From Shipping Crate to Militaria Display  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Quote by IMPERIAL QUEST View Post
    Fluorescent bulbs are VERY bad for cloth and photos. I am not one to go nuts (putting my items in an inert atmosphere) but these bulbs will seriously fade cloth and paper items rapidly. I have seen it first hand and it is not pretty... Wanna re-think that bill thing???????
    Ahhh, but the bulb is behind a shade thus filtering out all the ugly little fluorescent germs which you so aptly described as destroying cloth and paper. Although I'd have to agree that where the light shines down directly below the lamp, it may harm something under that direct light. Whatever the case, it's obvious to me that you don't appreciate my help, so I'll let you have these extremely valuable suggestions on the house.

Quote by Bugme View Post
    Whatever the case, it's obvious to me that you don't appreciate my help, so I'll let you have these extremely valuable suggestions on the house.
    I'll save your scolding for our next phone call...Herr Wisenheimer

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Brindlereo
    ?

Great Job Quest. The box is looking a plus, better than that Swedish stuff from the store up the street.

Mark

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast