MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Show your favorite find of 2014

Article about: I had a lot of good finds this year and it is hard to chose only one, but I have chosen my Welsh Regiment Volunteers battalion officers glengarry cap dating to the period 1881 to 1896, a ver

Default Show your favorite find of 2014

I had a lot of good finds this year and it is hard to chose only one, but I have chosen my Welsh Regiment Volunteers battalion officers glengarry cap dating to the period 1881 to 1896, a very uncommonly seen item with it still being in one piece with its badge still on the cap.

Items can be of any type, from any nation and period but you can please post only one item. It can be a cap, a helmet, a uniform tunic, a medal, or whatever it is you collect and your favorite find of the year. I had a good year and struggled to pick only one item but this is it, though I could have picked a number of others.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your favorite find of 2014   Show your favorite find of 2014  

Show your favorite find of 2014   Show your favorite find of 2014  

Show your favorite find of 2014   Show your favorite find of 2014  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your favorite find of 2014
    P
    Many

Nice one Jerry!...

I'm guessing that "find" means walking into a shop or flea market and finding a great item you didn't expect to find. I don't count buying from online dealers and such as, "finds." With that in mind, I strolled into a militaria shop in the Spring and this was what I found. It is my favorite, "find" of 2014. And rather mint if I do say so myself.

?

That is a beauty!!! Congrats on that find.
    Semper Fi
    Phil

By find I meant any pick up or purchase during the year regardless of where or how you "found" it, just the fave thing you got this year. Some sections have best helmet -a popular choice in a few sections- but his is for one of those that perhaps there is not already a fave category already up.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Thats hard, I have some good finds from this year and its going to be hard to choose.

Without doubt my favourite piece of 2014.

Painted by a young Polish AK nurse during the Warsaw Rising 1944 to hang over the bed of a wounded insurgent who sadly later died from his wounds. This cardboard ryngraf survived the failed Rising and her stay in PoW camps and is an incredibly rare survivor piece.

A rare piece of history from the Warsaw Rising 1944
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

fantastic find Jerry and i can see why its your favorite

?

Out of 2014 i must choose this one as my best catch. It is a early Schuma tunic. It does not have the shoulderboards w swastikas, and the shoulderboards are sew-in type.

I enclose a photo i found somewhere of the same model schuma tunic in use.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your favorite find of 2014   Show your favorite find of 2014  

Attached Images Attached Images Show your favorite find of 2014 

Smile

I've had a fair few decent finds/purchases this year, but the memorable 'find' for me was the KwK42 crate from the Vimoutiers Fair.

Just looking at it brings back a nice memory of the 'eureka!' moment when I found it, plus memories of the Panther at Mont Ormel the previous day. It's a real Falaise Gap relic and I love it !

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast