Page 12 of 45 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

Show your mannequins!

Article about: My German artillery Oberlautnant (full mannequin) named Hans Wildner (It is a named tunic, hehe ).

Default Re: Show your mannequins!

Missouri National guard but,in WW1 1st seprate Artillery Brigade France. Any name? SSI is a black bear on a red shield

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

I was supposed to buy a mannequin recently, since I found out they are very cheap on the German ebay(Half the price as in Norway, including shipping etc), but I ended up spending the money on a pair of double buckle boots instead.

So I decided to make one(Made of wood and stuffed/protected by paper etc). Also made a bust for one of my Norwegian uniforms which I don't have the pants for yet.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	CIMG3967.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	381747

Name:	CIMG3954.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	381742
    Best Regards

Vegard T.
    -------------------------------
    Looking for militaria from 38. Batterie, Heeres Küsten Artillerie Regiment 977, also from 31, 32 and 36. Batterie.

Quote by Collectorww2 View Post
    I was supposed to buy a mannequin recently, since I found out they are very cheap on the German ebay(Half the price as in Norway, including shipping etc), but I ended up spending the money on a pair of double buckle boots instead.

So I decided to make one(Made of wood and stuffed/protected by paper etc). Also made a bust for one of my Norwegian uniforms which I don't have the pants for yet.

Name:	CIMG3967.jpg 
Views:	372 
Size:	239.8 KB 
ID:	381747

Name:	CIMG3954.jpg 
Views:	165 
Size:	239.4 KB 
ID:	381742
    Very cool Vegar, love the norwegian flags.
    Cheers.
    Nuno

Excellent set up. If you can post some more photos of the set up it would be great
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Quote by Aus der Traum View Post
    Here is my winter combat mannequin.
    Attachment 353350

a beautiful combat display, you should be very proud. What is the undergarment covering the neck?

William Kramer
    Us and them - and after all we’re only ordinary men. Me, and you - God only knows it’s not what we would choose to do. Forward he cried from the rear, and the front rank died, and the general sat and the lines on the map moved from side to side.

- US & THEM, THE DARK SIDE OF THE MOON - PINK FLOYD

Thank you to all who have posted, and continue to post, their mannequin displays! I love seeing pictures of them and before joining War Relics it would never have crossed my mind. I'm really glad I joined the community here and began collecting. I look forward to one day (soon!) having a mannequin display. Until then I'll just enjoy looking at all of yours!

Here's a bust I put together today.

Private purchase Medical Major pre-war summer tunic w/ Erel visor.

William Kramer
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2997.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	270.0 KB 
ID:	442949   Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_2998.JPG 
Views:	98 
Size:	262.2 KB 
ID:	442950  

Name:	IMG_3006.JPG 
Views:	99 
Size:	228.3 KB 
ID:	442951  

Quote by all1knew View Post
    a beautiful combat display, you should be very proud. What is the undergarment covering the neck?

William Kramer
    I would think it would be a FG woollen toque.They were standard Wehrmacht winter issue.
    Basic wool tube that could be used as a small scarf or over the head.They gave good insulation under the steel helmet.

Name:  200MM WWII SS German MG34 Machine Gunner, 1942 Winter Eastern Front. Limited addition 150 copies.jpg
Views: 5399
Size:  32.6 KB

This diorama shows well how it was worn.
    Cheers
    Dave

Thanks for the nice compliment on the display, the neck garment is the only item on the mannequin that is not original, it is a scarf in FG which I found at a local department store. I weathered it a little and am using it until I can find a nice toque!

Josh