Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)

Article about: I'm always intrigued by what survives over the years and with an interest in all things WW2 I always try and keep an eye out for foodstuffs from that era given how scarce they are (I am stil

Default Re: Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)

Quote by Grimebox View Post
    Ade, I love the Australian ration - It doesn't instill a lot of confidence. I think I'd take my chances and eat my own arm! (any idea of what lurks inside?)
    I beleive it is chocolate, tea, and salt tablets.

I have a slightly later dated tin which is opened and the contents are listed inside the lid.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)

not sure if this is world war 2 but it came out of grandpas war stuff.it is still sealed so i have not had a chance to try itShow your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)

?

1945 life boat/raft ration & supper ration. Rich A. in Pa.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)  
    1969 Shelby GT-500 King of the Road
    Knowledge is power, guard it well.

not really food rations but to me it is as I'm a smoker

Hi René, it always amazes me that any cigarettes survive unopened from WW2, given that in Germany in the early post war years they almost became currency.

Here is a wartime Dutch packet from my collection.

Cheers, Ade.
    Attached Images Attached Images Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?) 

The Food Survival pack is post war as the Company which produced it was not formed until 1947. Most likely 1950's in date at a guess? But I really like it.

Cheers, Ade.

Great thread, I love to see these items. I hope they keep coming!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Here's the matches to light your cigarettes!

Hi Guys,

Your have to help me with these ones as i only got them yesturday they came from my grandads collection. all of these have stuff in them. So if you can date them it will be great
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)   Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)  

Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)   Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)  

Show your WW2 foodstuffs (what perishables have you got which haven't perished?)  

?

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    The Food Survival pack is post war as the Company which produced it was not formed until 1947. Most likely 1950's in date at a guess? But I really like it.

Cheers, Ade.
    thx Ade you never disappoint with your store of knowledge

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast