Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Show your WW2 Middle East souvenirs.

Article about: Wow ! I really like those badges ! Is there a lot of vairants ? Kind regards Alxm

Default Re: Show your WW2 Middle East souvenirs.

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Heres my only one.Not sure if its Trench Art or Souvenir.
    Cheers Mick
    Thats very cool Mick.

Here is my latest, just bought on ebay. Hopefully it will arrive in a few days.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your WW2 Middle East souvenirs.  
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Show your WW2 Middle East souvenirs.
    P
    Many

Quote by Bond View Post
    Thats very cool Mick.

Here is my latest, just bought on ebay. Hopefully it will arrive in a few days.
    Nice one Jerry,
    Is it a pillow cover,Mate.
    My Greatgrandmother had heaps of these embroided covers with all sorts of designs on them,I wish i had them now.
    Mick

Quote by aussie mick View Post
    Nice one Jerry,
    Is it a pillow cover,Mate.
    My Greatgrandmother had heaps of these embroided covers with all sorts of designs on them,I wish i had them now.
    Mick
    It is said to be a pillow cover. My third one.
    Regards,

Jerry

Quote by AIF View Post
    . . . Tony, Mate that clock is an absolutel work of art!! Does it still keep time? I can only imagine the time the soldier put into making it . . .
    Luke, my sincerest apologies for overlooking your question. Thanks for your comments. Yes, it really is a nicely crafted piece, as are many of the other items posted here. Unfortunately, the clock winding mechanism is jammed preventing it from being wound. I’ve been told by a collector familiar with these military clocks that it is very repairable, but that the phosphorescent material used in the dial on these early clocks is made of a material containing a radioactive isotope and best left undisturbed! So I think I will leave well enough alone

Cheers,
    Tony
    All thoughts and opinions expressed are those of my own and should not be mistaken for medical and/or legal advice.

"Tomorrow hopes we have learned something from yesterday." - John Wayne

mrsmaintenance
    ?

It's a photo album. No one ever used it. On the inside someone wrote, "Brought back from the war by Ralph Swank, 1945"

Gday all,
    Here's a link to a thread I started re a WW2 North African campaign badge belt and sundries.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/colle...others-236330/

The theatre made British and Turkish items would qualify as souvenirs I feel.
    Cheers fellas
    Dave

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    Trench art tankard, it says it was made from shell cases recovered from the battlefields of N. Africa.

Regards,

Jerry
    Re: post #5:

Another souvenir tankard from a friends father - an RAF pilot
    who served in the Middle East ( Africa ). Much of the
    silver plating has worn off.........
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Show your WW2 Middle East souvenirs.  
    Regards,

Steve.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Re: post #5:

Another souvenir tankard from a friends father - an RAF pilot
    who served in the Middle East ( Africa ). Much of the
    silver plating has worn off.........
    I have now seen about 4 or 5 of these, so obviously a minor industry was involved in making these.
    Regards,

Jerry

AIF
    ?

I had completely forgotten about this thread! Some great stuff guys, I love that tankard Steve it's a beauty mate

I have a few new additions I have picked up in the past 12 months I will add tomorrow.

Luke.

?

Quote by A.J. Zawadzki View Post
    Here’s a presentation clock made by a Polish soldier stationed in the Middle East during WW2. It is made from an AFV engine piston and an 8-day Elgin military clock set into a triangular pennon made from perspex. The pennon motif symbolizes Polish cavalry, the traditions of which were adopted by the Polish Armoured units in WW2. Black and orange are the Armoured Corps colours.

Engraved on the piston in Polish are the words: “(To our) Beloved Commander on His Name Day from the S.P. Armoured Brigade Corps - Palestine 2-11-1944”. The “S.P.” may be “Szkoła Podchorążych” which translates to Officer Cadet School. There was such an educational facility set up for the Polish armoured units here in 1943.

The side of the piston between the ring slots contain the names of nine Poles that presented this souvenir to their C.O.

Regards,
    Tony
    Super item and well executed IMO!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4