Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection

Article about: A new montage of my side cap collection for the British & commonwealth.

a beautifull collection Jerry ive just been drooling over your mk1 and the mk111 this in particular has a real nice patina ,can i ask a question about the side caps ,im interested to know if they were ever worn with the folded sides down around the chin and the peak exposed and if so any period referance pictures in use ,thanks for showing james
    Regards James

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection
    P
    Many

And some more.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection   Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  

Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection   Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  

Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection   Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

I have access to a different camera at this time so was playing with it today and took pictures of the soft caps, FS, GS, Tammy's, SD's, Dress, Berets and Glengarries etc....
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection   Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  

Regards,

Jerry

And some more.

Regards,

Jerry

And the rest.

Regards,

Jerry

Quote by James C View Post
    a beautifull collection Jerry ive just been drooling over your mk1 and the mk111 this in particular has a real nice patina ,can i ask a question about the side caps ,im interested to know if they were ever worn with the folded sides down around the chin and the peak exposed and if so any period referance pictures in use ,thanks for showing james
    Thanks James

I think the ability to fold down the sides of the fs cap is largely symbolic and I assume dates from an earlier period when such was done. I have a vague recollection of seeing a picture with the sides down, but can't remember where and it was not often done as far as I am aware.
    Regards,

Jerry

and a new montage.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Side caps, helmets and other headgear collection  
    Regards,

Jerry

hi Jerry thanks again for showing your amazing collection the racc slouch hat is very interesting can i ask what was written on it an is there any story behind the markings ,back to my original question i think the only time i saw the side cap worn unfolded was on an old episode of dads army (sons of the sea
    Regards James

Quote by James C View Post
    hi Jerry thanks again for showing your amazing collection the racc slouch hat is very interesting can i ask what was written on it an is there any story behind the markings ,back to my original question i think the only time i saw the side cap worn unfolded was on an old episode of dads army (sons of the sea

The slouch hat is discussed here and came with a pith helmet with a RASC flash on it

WW2 British slouch hat
    Regards,

Jerry

The helmets, first the piths.

Regards,

Jerry

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast