Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!

Article about: Paul, Are those book plates, or personally signed books? If book plates are allowed, here is one of mine

Hot off the press! I just received this today. Many thanks to Steve(Harry The Mole) who went above and beyond to not only sign this but to get four of his former comrades to sign it too. I can't wait to read it! Thanks again, Steve! Order your copy today!

Luke

Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!
    P
    Many

?

Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em! Very good book....the real heavy fights on the east front.

Today the postman brings me 'Many Rivers I Crossed' by Werner Volkner, a veteran of the 3rd SS Totenkopf Division and British Royal Armoured Corps!

Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em! Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!

Nice Glenn.
    gregM
    Live to ride -- Ride to live

I was addicted to the "Hokey-Pokey" but I've turned
    myself around.

Quote by Glenn66 View Post
    Today the postman brings me 'Many Rivers I Crossed' by Werner Volkner, a veteran of the 3rd SS Totenkopf Division and British Royal Armoured Corps!
    Wow that must be an interesting story. Both German and British army?
    I suppose he was captured by the allies and forced to join the British army, like the French were doing with the foreign legion?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

Actually, I think he spent 3 years as a POW in France, Belgium and the UK before deciding to stay in the UK and join the military. You are right, it should make an interesting read.

So it was his decision then. It's weird for an army though to trust and accept a former enemy isn't it?
    Looking for the photo albums of Leutnant Emil Freitag, 3. / G.R. 377

?

Quote by Han View Post
    Thank you Glenn.

"don't wish to be bothered or are too aged/unwell to reply." - I agree that (and I think it is basis to our collectors ).

just I will try to as far as possible.

but many remaining Ritterkreuztrager winners. address can't find in google search.

That's why to I ask (method).

thank you for reply,

Han.
    Most collectors such as myself who have been contacting RKT's for years are very reluctant to give out any addresses to people they do not know the background of , especially on the internet !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

These are a few of mine that I could lay my hands on:

Pegasus Bridge by Stephen Ambrose signed by Madame Gondree owner of the cafe at Pegasus Bridge and who witnessed the landings as a child. Had this signed personally on a school trip

D- Day by Stephen Ambrose signed by an old sailor who I met in France during the 60th anniversary commemorations.

Moonless Night by Jimmy James, allegedly who Steve McQueen's character was based on in the Great Escape. I was fortunate enough to meet him at his stall in Ludlow on the rememberance day before he passed away, I offered to look after the stall for him while he attended the wreath laying ceremony. I was glad to help such a friendly and modest guy out.

Finally Charles Fraser Smith's autobiography, which I was lucky enough to pick up at a boot sale.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!   Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!  

Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!   Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!  

Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!   Signed Books: Show 'Em If You Got 'Em!  

Page 21 of 48 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast