Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Small collection of 6 months.

Article about: Here's my collection of 6 or so months. I don't have a lot of money but this is what I've managed to collect so far. I have a decent quality relic M40 on the way to expand. Above is what's l

Default Small collection of 6 months.

Here's my collection of 6 or so months. I don't have a lot of money but this is what I've managed to collect so far. I have a decent quality relic M40 on the way to expand.

Above is what's left of a British model 1903 bayonet bought from a farmer in France near the Lochnagar crater for 6 euros. I cleaned and oiled it to prevent further degradation as it was quite pitted and rusty. Also in this picture is a british morse key.

I'm currently looking for a better way to display these, I have quite limited shelf space.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Small collection of 6 months.
    P
    Many

For six months, you've done very well!

For displaying medals and other small objects, I'd recommend Riker cases. They're somewhat hard to source in the UK. I get mine from this eBay seller: just-in-case-co | eBay

They're only selling the thicker ones at the moment, but any medals placed inside can be held in place with a pin through the suspension ring. Add some red felt and a few paper labels, and you can knock together something like this at minimal cost.

Regards, B.B.

?

That’s a pretty nice bar of imperial German medals!

Speedfast by both name and nature. You have been busy in only 6 months. Personally I would like to know what the EKM disc is stamped? My only caveat would be don't let your enthusiasm catch you out with bad buys. Happy collecting.

CBH
    ?

It's always great to see a young collectors, you are the future of this hobby and I'm glad you found this fine forum.
    Keep up the good work, and please post any potential purchases here for vetting, this site can save you money by avoiding fakes.

?

As already stated, an outstanding collection for only six months work!
    Wise words from BlackCat and CBH, as ever, but you have already made a very wise decision in joining this excellent forum.

One to watch here, chaps!
    I’m looking forward to seeing your collection grow.

Jolly well done,
    Bob

Quote by BlackCat1982 View Post
    Speedfast by both name and nature. You have been busy in only 6 months. Personally I would like to know what the EKM disc is stamped? My only caveat would be don't let your enthusiasm catch you out with bad buys. Happy collecting.
    Thank you for the kind words. Here's a close up of that disc. This one was a gift so I don't know much about it.

Much more items, and far nicer items, than what I had in my first 6 months! Very nice collection!

Great looking collection - you have done well in 6 months.
    Nick

Very nice collection; keep on truckin'
    John

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast