Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Some of my collection items!

Article about: With the move to the new house completed and everything sorted out i was trying to wangle where i was going to display my collection of ordnance items. Was going to put em upstairs in me and

Default Some of my collection items!

With the move to the new house completed and everything sorted out i was trying to wangle where i was going to display my collection of ordnance items. Was going to put em upstairs in me and the Sarah the wifes bedroom-but, Sarah said "Well, you wont be able to see them if they are upstairs, put em in the living room". So they are now on a display in living room and its really nice to be able to sit there and look at them instead of having to go into hiding in a cupboard or loft. I have a large 1991-2003 Gulf War collection but it would be impossible to display all that stuff too though the shell cases from Iraq are in and around the display. The ammo varies from WW1 shell cases, trench art, shell fuzes, shrapnel up to the 1991 Gulf War bring backs. I have a few aircraft relics on the display too. One of my prized possessions is the huge 8-inch (203mm) M106 Howitzer shell which i bought from Mick "The Shell Man" from up north and this beauty sits beside the telly-no way would i ever have anything like this out in the garden or shed etc. I think we will all agree that having a wife who understands why we collect these things and takes a little interest in what we do goes a long way to making this hobby more enjoyable.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some of my collection items!
    P
    Many

Default Re: Some of my collection items!

You have both an amazing collection and wife

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Quote by Stickgrenade View Post
    You have both an amazing collection and wife

Nick
    Thanks for that Nick and Sarah really is one of those rare diamonds. My ex would never have allowed me to display any of my collection in the living room! Regards, Tim.

I have a similar Sara (minus the H of course). : )
    She likes looking at my collection. She even enjoys going with me to garage sales, militaria shows, dealers, etc.! Talk about a rare diamond.

You have a really nice collection. What kind are the two large cases sitting by the wall next to each other?

?

A super collection
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    She likes looking at my collection. She even enjoys going with me to garage sales, militaria shows, dealers, etc.! Talk about a rare diamond.

You have a really nice collection. What kind are the two large cases sitting by the wall next to each other?
    Hi there mate, Thanks loads! The two big cases are Iraqi 130-mm cases from Iraqi Howitzer and were brought back by 2nd Royal Scots Battlegroup soldier in 1991. They are cracking shell cases but weigh a ton! Cheers, Tim.

Quote by Falschirmjager View Post
    With the move to the new house completed and everything sorted out i was trying to wangle where i was going to display my collection of ordnance items. Was going to put em upstairs in me and the Sarah the wifes bedroom-but, Sarah said "Well, you wont be able to see them if they are upstairs, put em in the living room". So they are now on a display in living room and its really nice to be able to sit there and look at them instead of having to go into hiding in a cupboard or loft. I have a large 1991-2003 Gulf War collection but it would be impossible to display all that stuff too though the shell cases from Iraq are in and around the display. The ammo varies from WW1 shell cases, trench art, shell fuzes, shrapnel up to the 1991 Gulf War bring backs. I have a few aircraft relics on the display too. One of my prized possessions is the huge 8-inch (203mm) M106 Howitzer shell which i bought from Mick "The Shell Man" from up north and this beauty sits beside the telly-no way would i ever have anything like this out in the garden or shed etc. I think we will all agree that having a wife who understands why we collect these things and takes a little interest in what we do goes a long way to making this hobby more enjoyable.
    Heres just a few of the Gulf War items i have in my collection. Some real gems here especially the Iraqi paperwork. The ID card was taken from a POW, the radio code pack and blue bound excercise book full of writing were found along with a tankers helmet and AK47 bandolier inside an abandonned T55 tank. The Iraqi soldiers diary was sadly found on a body and was found during a search to find some id before he could be buried. The British soldier who found this was very angry about it as the young man was unarmed and probably just trying to get back to his home in Basra. It seems he almost made it before being killed by US bombs along with other Iraqi soldiers. I have had it translated and by all accounts he was just an ordinary Iraqi soldier. Also included is an Iraqi soldiers leave pass booklet. I keep this inside a sealed plastic sleeve as there are patches of soot on it which could be DU residue and you dont want that getting onto your hands if it is. The Iraqi armoured vehicle periscopes are neat one is battledamaged and you can see how the inner viewing glass has been struck by something very unfriendly, the other is in like new condition. The bomb fragment was found by a US Navy servicemen at a place called the Tank Farm in Iraq and the PRG7 remains were battlefield pick-ups as was the Iraqi helmet. Hope you like this little cross section of items. Regards, Tim.

Quote by ObKrieger View Post

That is every Militaria Collectors Dream

Lorenzo

You have some very nice pieces of Iraqi Militaria

Where did you find the Saddam Agenda book??

Lorenzo
    Last edited by SHOCKANDAWE; 11-25-2010 at 04:54 PM.

Excellent collection m8y

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast