Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Some of my Soviet medal groups

Article about: Seaman 1st Class Vasily Fedorovich Lutsyuk His Red Star 553516 Comrade Lutsiuk has been fighting the German invaders since the very first days of the Patriotic War. To August 1942, Comrade L

Painkiller
    ?

Default Re: Some of my Soviet medal groups

Great Stuff! Please share more!

2. # ADS

Quote by Ed_Haynes View Post
    Private Petr Trifonovich Puzan, Loader, 182nd Self-Propelled Artillery Regiment

Order of the Patriotic War, 1st class - 148227

See also: Schwind, No Deed Forgotten, p. 117.
    Very impressive collection! I think I know where pvt Puzan received his Patriotic War Medal. Date of action and type of vechicle he served in and place of action which has similar sounding to Polish name of village Ostrówek. It lays just few kilometers from the town where my family comes from . On 18 Aug 1944 Russians captured village of Jasienica just few kilometers from Ostrówek. Soviets advanced fighting remains of 3rd SS Div Totenkopf. On evening of August 18th Soviet tank recon met oposition of infantry and 10 Panthers in Ostrówek forest area. On the next day Russians organized provisional group of infantry with demolition materiale and supported by Su85s. Soviets sourrounded German forces matching through forest road and passing through Ostrówek. German group became cut-off from main forces and 7 panthers became destroyed and 3 captured untill evening of Aug. 19th.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7