MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some of my SS junque

Article about: Hi Sarge- Nice collection. I think you are the same individual I used to correspond with over at WAF.

Quote by Woolgar View Post
    Seems like Sarge has legged it! Shame as he had an amazing collection with some great items

Nick

Sadly the very thing that I was concerned might be the case.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some of my SS junque
    P
    Many

100% have to agree with Anon I know many collectors 70 yrs old or more that don't use the forum for that very reason maybe some of their items could be fakes but there are probably a lot of darn good items they have over the years so it is a shame not to get to see them. Not good to run off a older collector and the 40 plus years comment could apply to anyone we all get a fake now and them or at least have in the past. Just my two cents timothy

Unfortunately, we don't actually know just why he did not return....being 78, he might have...well...you know..had a health problem..
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Unfortunately, we don't actually know just why he did not return....being 78, he might have...well...you know..had a health problem..
    true but I think we would all hope not. timothy

I hope not either. Perhaps he is busy photographing his collection? I can't imagine that he should feel he was being 'run off' as none of the posts were anything less than welcoming and inquiring of further information. Pretty much the same treatment as anyone gets here when they post an item or items that aren't clearly visible.

I hope he doesn't feel run off either also I think you are right on the posting as when you show a lot of stuff it I hard to tell about it especially that SS stuff needs a good look. timothy

A man's home is his castle!
    His collection; his treasure........!
    ;-)
    |<ris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

For serious collectors authenticity is our first second and third priorities. It is a shame if the gentleman in question thinks he has been insulted, but many members here feel it is there duty to point out fakes, and to question and challenge authenticity when in doubt. This has happened to me over and over again and I am grateful to the forum for identifiying fakes and enabling me to improve my collection.

Calling out fakes is fine, it is just waiting for better pictures before doing so and being polite about. Everyone here was polite, it was more that the first responder started to question items, however politely, but still the possible consequences should be considered and welcome people a bit before questioning their treasures it the way it should be done, but as always this is just my opinion.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

If one takes a look, Sarge last posted on the 14th at 4:48PM and 6 minutes later logged out at 4:54PM-quite some time before any further replies had even been posted. His last post, while sounding minorly stressed does not impress me as one who was outraged and ready to chuck the whole business and leave forever. So, it may not have happened, as supposed, that he was upset over any questioning of his items authenticity. If so, I would have certainly expected more anger and a "Good bye and good riddance" post, but instead, he simply explained abit about his background in the hobby and then vanished.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast