Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Some photos of my (very) small collection

Article about: by Gwar Emo.. How have you been ?? Great pictures.. The Luftwaffe buckle on the top left... Any back pictures ??... Gwar Hi Gwar! I am well, thanks! How about yourself? You can drop me an e-

?

Default Some photos of my (very) small collection

At the behest of another forum member, I'm posting a few photos of my very small and newly minted displayable collection. I've been reading about and studying Third Reich-era objects for some time, but I only recently (within the last six months or so) started actually collecting. Right now, my main focus is on belt buckles and small pins and badges. I also collect awards and cloth, but only when I come upon good deals. There is nothing much special here, but I hope to expand little by little as time goes by.

Some photos of my (very) small collectionSome photos of my (very) small collectionSome photos of my (very) small collection

Sorry about the poor photos. The glass-top Riker cases are a bit hard to photograph because of the glare. In order to put them on the wall, I installed some makeshift hangers made with wire coat hangers. I made the helmet stand with a furniture leg and a section of 2x4. There is a bit of gerrymandering (in this case, I guess you could call it 'Jerry-mandering') going on here.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Some photos of my (very) small collection
    P
    Many

Great start here, Erno. Nice collection and display. I had a few bring backs from my father but only started adding to those in the last year.

As Larry C's signature states, "It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!!"

?

Thanks, seventyeighth! I don't have any family bring backs, but I got spurred to collect when a local auction house held a militaria auction last year. Since then, I've been reading all I could find online. It's a lot of fun to spot the real and fake.

You have some nice items there, well done!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Great collection and it's coming along nicely! I especially like the belt buckles and the helmet.

Nice collection!...

?

Nice starting collection!

I'm enjoying to see more!

?

Thanks, guys! I will use this thread to post periodic updates. I will soon need a new Riker case for my buckle collection.

Very nice, Erno. We all started with one item, and you have that beat! As long as it's authentic, that's all that matters.

What are those little round things with hakenkreuz in the middle? They look great!

Mark
    In this world there's two kinds of people, my friend. Those with loaded guns, and those who dig. You dig. CE

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast