Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?

Article about: I mainly collect DDR visors and caps and a little bit of world war2. A new intrest of mine is the use of the German "shaped" helmets by spain, finland , norway , hungary, ect. also

?

Default Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?

I mainly collect DDR visors and caps and a little bit of world war2.
    A new intrest of mine is the use of the German "shaped" helmets
    by spain, finland , norway , hungary, ect. also Fire and Police helmets of the "shape". This is just the start, so its mostly junk right now. Below Spain modelo-z, Norway m42, Finland m55,
    German m34, and a BRD fire helmet. I just find them interesting.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?   Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?  

Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?   Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?  

Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?
    P
    Many

Default Re: Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?

like that police lid at the bottom

Some nice lids there mate! Absolutely love the thread title though... excellent!

?

It is nice, here is some more of it.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?  
    Attached Images Attached Images Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?  Somethings not all Reich with my helmets? 

?

My newest helmet, A M40 Quist shell that has had the liner rivet holes welded closed. (The color is a dark gray, the flash made it look silver)

Does any one know of a good reference book/ web site / forum thread / about the use of this shape of helmet in the '50 -60s by West Gemany?? Also the (west German) makers of the helmets, dates of use, any info would be helpfull. Thanks.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?   Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?  

Last edited by 924168; 01-17-2010 at 07:25 PM. Reason: spelling

Quote by WoodyUK View Post
    Some nice lids there mate! Absolutely love the thread title though... excellent!
    Gotta agree the thread title cracked me up. Apparently we have a funny guy in our midst,

Mike

?

Just thought I would share one of my newest helmets with you fine folks.

tell you the truth I just can't tell if its a M40 or a M42... as it was slightly modified post-war... a vent hole(open) and liner pin hole(welded closed) are visable in the photo these strainers were made out of german helmets around 1946.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Somethings not all Reich with my helmets?  

Our Living History group owns one of these just the same as you show. We actually use it at events.

Cheers, Ade.

Love the colander and the play on words.....made me smile!!!!

?

I'll share my civic police helmet with you too... it was the same type of helmet as the double decal police helmet I posted earlier in this thread. But again "modified"