Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SOS Haul

Article about: This year the best part of the show was seeing many friends and fellow collectors that I only see once or twice a year at the SOS and/or MAX. I brought about a dozen items to sell that a fri

TWS
    ?

Default SOS Haul

This year the best part of the show was seeing many friends and fellow collectors that I only see once or twice a year at the SOS and/or MAX.

I brought about a dozen items to sell that a friend kindly let me lay out on his tables and only sold three of them.

I came home with a few goodies, but my show was marred by misfortune: somehow I lost an envelope with about $800 in cash. I had it folded over in my front jeans pocket above my wallet and perhaps once when I pulled my wallet out it fell out of my pocket and I didn't notice. Whoever found it had a great show at my expense. I definitely need to be more careful in the future.

Partially as a result of that, my annual SOS "haul" is a bit smaller than normal this time around.
    Picked up a really nice Heer M43 Infantry NCO tunic, a nice Wilhelm Hobacher Luftwaffe Flak Badge, a Regiment General Göring visor cap to go with my tunic I acquired a couple years ago, a really nice Afrika cuff title, a pair of shoulder straps to Schützen-Regiment 14, and a Heer enlisted parade belt and buckle with belt stamped to the Infanterie-Lehr Regiment.

SOS HaulSOS HaulSOS HaulSOS HaulSOS HaulSOS HaulSOS HaulSOS HaulSOS HaulSOS Haul
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SOS Haul
    P
    Many

Great Haul Todd, sorry about your misfortune with the envelope. Was speaking to bill combs on pack up day this morning, apparently there was a huge amount of stolen/lost items this year. Louisville police were there this morning talking to Coates about it. Still glad you did well.

Morris

?

Very nice looking items, And I'll share my condolence on the loss of the $$$.

Semper Fi
    Phil

TWS
    ?

Quote by KMMorris View Post
    Great Haul Todd, sorry about your misfortune with the envelope. Was speaking to bill combs on pack up day this morning, apparently there was a huge amount of stolen/lost items this year. Louisville police were there this morning talking to Coates about it. Still glad you did well.

Morris
    Thanks. My good friend who I mooch a little table space from had a ribbon bar stolen off a tunic. Not a big $ theft, but it hurt because the ribbon bar was original to the tunic.
    Todd
    Former U.S. Army Tanker.
    "Best job I ever had."

Very nice pickups Todd. Well done!

Shame about the theft. Looking at the photos I wondered about security at SOS and with so many items within easy reach and so many people.

Andy

Great harvest, and a pity for the loss...
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

Todd,

So sorry to hear of your loss... Although there was bit of misfortune, you certainly did manage to come home with some nice items.

Joel

Some great items Todd.
    Try to forget about the money loss now and concentrate on the items.
    It's a real bummer, but best not to dwell on it. Sometimes s*** happens.

nick

?

That’s a great haul.