Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here
Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

?

I found these images of old photographs dated 1935, depicting airmen of the new Republic of Spain wearing their collar and cap insignia. This insignia was in use from the inception of the Republic in 1931. This insignia was also worn by those who fought on the side of the Republic against Franco and the Nationalist's during the civil war from 1936 until 1939.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

In use during the Civil War

My Nationalist and Republican Air Force Insignia

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Some updated photo's of part of my Spanish collection. Five cases full of insignia, pins, patches and medals.

?

I found some archival photographs of some of the items in my collection in use on uniforms. Here is an example of the aviation wings and military instructor badge in use on the 1941 white summer officers uniform

?

Default Patrulla Azul

Here is a sample of images I have collected from various websites depicting the "Blue Squadron" Spanish volunteers that fought on the Russian front. These images may peak your interest enough to research them a bit. Enjoy !

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

A few more trinkets arrived for the collection today, a Falange party cap emblem and a Republic flag lapel pin. The Falange pin is like the type shown on my cap and it does have some markings on the back which I can't make out. The Republic flag pin compliments the stickpin version in my collection.

?

Default Spanish Civil War Militia Banner

My latest addition to the collection. Check out this thread for details:

Spanish Civil War Militia Banner, Armband & ID papers

?

Default Unknown Spanish Aviation cap

I picked up this aviation cap for very little cost and I know it's a bit sketchy. It looks like a homemade or I'd like to think "Field-made" cap featuring a soft burlap type material. The cap does have an authentic early Franco era aviation rhombus applied to the front. This type of insignia is usually seen as collar insignia. The size is huge so I'm thinking it's possible it's a re-enactor cap made from authentic insignia. It does however have that "old" "authentic" feel to it so who knows. If anyone has ever seen anything similar, please let me know.

?

Default Blue Division Buttonhole lapel pin

My latest Blue Division lapel pin as worn by ex-combatants of the unit. Now I have four, but the one on the far left remains sketchy with a backwards swastika, different design cross and dimesnions.

?

I found some interesting images of a Franco era aviation Police uniform and visor. Depicted is the m1946 uniform as used by the airforce security forces. The happy fellow below on guard duty appears to be holding an mp40 or similar weapon.

CREDIT MUSEO AVIACION MILITAR ESPAÑOLA

?

Aviation police armpatch

Page 20 of 36 FirstFirst ... 10 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 30 ... LastLast