Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

Very nice indeed!
    cheers

Kris
    Always looking for Belgian Congo stuff!
    http://out-of-congo.eklablog.com/

cheers
    |<ris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Default Spanienkreuz mit schwerten abzeichen

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

Some really great stuff in here. I've always been impressed with both the amount of detail and dimensions the Spanish put into their miniatures of the era.

I have recently grown a bit interested in collaborator and allied stuff...much less studied but equally interesting. The only Spanish piece I have myself is a Spanish-made OST medal lapel badge.

?

Default Falange Officer's cap badge

My latest item to arrive from Spain is this beautiful enamel Falange cap badge. I have another one in my collection that is smaller and has less detail.

The Falange Yoke and Arrows symbol is well represented in every form in my collection.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Truly this new pin of yoke and arrows from your collection is fantastic. The red color of the enameling is incredible and is very detailed.

Congratulations.

An impressive collection Aldo, very nice indeed. Thanks for posting.

?

Quote by TABSTABS1964 View Post
    Truly this new pin of yoke and arrows from your collection is fantastic. The red color of the enameling is incredible and is very detailed.

Congratulations.

Thank you, I feel lucky to have found this one for a modest price. It also occurred to me that I had one larger pin meant for the breast pocket which I did not show. Although it is painted rather than enameled, it displays well next to the other versions.

I moved the unrelated post for you Aldo.

Regards Larry
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

My latest addition is this seemingly nice original medal of the Russian Campaign. I picked this up at a very low cost because it was mistakenly listed as a reproduction but I recognized it as a legitimate replacement medal, albeit a recent one. This particular medal differs from most of the other variants in that it has no cut outs by the feet, talons and in between the feathers. There are a multitude of variations and makers since it's inception and there many fakes and reproductions still being produced. According to my reference book "Spanish Blue Division Commemorative Medals" by Angel Gozalez Pinilla and Antonio Barrera Govantes, Blue Division veterans persisted in wearing this medal on their uniform well into the 1980's. In 1985 the Ministry of the Army procured all remaining stock and had them destroyed by throwing them into the sea.

Because of the high demand, independent companies began producing the medal adhering to the strict quality of the original but eventually began to cut corners in order to reduce costs by not cutting out the feet or hollowing out the feathers. The key component to these late replacement medals is the nicely detailed German cross with scalloped border and painted enamel. My example seem to fit this narrative. It is a highly detailed quality piece made from a stamp die not a cheap mold.

For those of you not familiar with this Spanish award you can click on the thread below where we discussed in great detail the variations and makers

LINK: Division azul medal

Compare with my original wartime medal

With my other Spanish / German awards

I personally agree with Aldo.
    It is a great find and even better if its price was not high.

Page 22 of 36 FirstFirst ... 12 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 32 ... LastLast