Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

?

I believe they are all post war, the Falange party thrived all through the reign of Franco

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    [CENTER]

Falange Lapel Pins

Attachment 1116062Attachment 1116063
    Also...what specifically did these pins represent inside the party? We're they early party pins?

?

Those are early party pins that came in many variants superimposed on the Flags of Spain or Falange party. I believe the earliest ones are painted and the later ones have a better quality enamel, the exact opposite of the Third Reich pins. It's been estimated that about 100,000 combatants fought on each side of the conflict initially and then with the entrance of foreign volunteers, each side achieved numbers reaching in excess of 300,000 each. As the armies kept growing they each reached their pinnacle at about 800,000 each side by 1938.
    The early Falange members of the 30's , the old guard, prior to the civil war had low membership numbers in the 4 to 5 digits. Party members were assigned official "carnets" or ID with their numbers and corresponding medals like the one below with their member number and date of membership. These old guard medals are probably the only truly serial numbered items that can be linked directly to the war. I think the numbers on the standard falange lapel pins like I have on the sample board are just manufacturers serial numbers and not membership numbers. These are more like supporter pins that anyone could buy to support the movement. You can imagine that once Franco began his reign most individuals wore pins whether they supported the regime or not, not unlike Germany.

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Variety of Supporter Pins
    Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

Default Cruz de Guerra Type I (1938-1942)

I added a new War cross that I believe is a type I that was produced between 1938-1942. This cross is more ornate than my type 2 cross. It has a few chips in the enamel and has lost some of it's finish but remains an elegant award. It's nicely vaulted with a heavy pin and clasp marked with what appears to be a 7 ? My understanding is that the award was instituted in 1938 and produced solely by EGAÑA. The second version was produced by various manufacturers after 1942.

Alongside my Type II Cross

?

Here are the professional photographs from the website

?

Added another small Falange party lapel pin to the collection. Here it is with a few of my other party and supporter pins.

?

Default King Alfonso XIII era Insignia sample board

My latest addition, King Alfonso XIII era Insignia sample board

LINK: Spanish Insignia Sample Board

?

These pictures demonstrate the use of Danziger Totenkopf's by the Condor Legion panzer units and Spanish Nationalist's Tank units. I love these because it covers both major interests in my collection, skulls and Spanish civil war militaria

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

?

A few more images............

Page 24 of 36 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast