Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Article about: I recently started collecting Spanish civil war and WWII Blue Division items to supplement my TR collection. I picked up this great medal bar containing Spanish Order of Military Merit with

Absolutely amazing collection Aldo, how many other collectors could have so much material attributed to Spanish history. Very very impressive!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection
    P
    Many

?

Mounted with a new background and descriptive plate....

?

My 2019 Spanish acquisitions

?

My latest Rusia campaign medal. This is probably a replacement medal from the 1950's through 1970's based on the fairly good quality and detail. It compares in size and weight to my wartime model on the parade mount. It does have some bubbling of the finish but the actual detail is pretty crisp. Another inexpensive medal that compliments my Spanish collection. I have to research the images to narrow it down to a maker and approximate date

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

Spanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer CollectionSpanish Civil War / Blue Division Volunteer Collection

LEFT: WARTIME MODEL
    CENTER: 50'S -70'S REPLACEMENT ?
    RIGHT: MODERN REPLACEMENT POST 1980'S

A FEW OF MY OTHER INSIGNIA & MEDALS

?

Default Spanien-Kreuz Stecknadel

?

Default Spanien-Kreuz ohne Schwerter Stecknadel (Silber)

?

A few months ago I posted photo's of my 1938 Nationalist aviation wing and now I found this curious photo of a helmet. Looks like some type of dispatch helmet with the wings affixed to the front with no further description to what it is. These Spanish wings are always a source of mystery to me.

Also found another company that makes scary realistic reproductions

?

Today I received a bundle of Civil War / Franco period books from Spain courtesy of my friend Santi, our esteemed forum member "TABSTABS1964"
    Santi reached out to me and offered me these great books which cover everything from economics, politics, poetry and nationalism during the early reign of Franco. He was also nice enough to send me this great commemorative stamp of the bombing of Guernica as depicted by Picasso, and several coins from the same time period.
    It's people like Santi and many others on this forum who make this website the best place to share our common interests.
    I took the liberty of photographing the items along with some of my period pieces to demonstrate my appreciation.

Best Regards, Al

?

Quote by Aldo View Post
    I found these great pictures of my regulation 1943 Spanish Gala / Parade belt, military instructor badge and Spanish Universities League badge on display in a museum website.

Perhaps some threads get too long for their own good and become cumbersome to read so I periodically update a post with a new photo or reference for some that may not have seen it before. In this case I wanted to update another illustration of my gala belt in use from post #70 pg 7, and post#154 pg 16.

Regimiento de la Guardia, capitán en uniforme de gala en formación 1943-1958

Page 28 of 36 FirstFirst ... 18 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 ... LastLast