Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Spanish Military medal Grand Cross and Sash..

Article about: Gentlemen, my latest Spanish medal to add to my small medals of Spain collection.....a Military medal Grand Cross and Sash, established in 1864 by Queen Isabella as the Order of Military Mer

Default Spanish Military medal Grand Cross and Sash..

Gentlemen, my latest Spanish medal to add to my small medals of Spain collection.....a Military medal Grand Cross and Sash, established in 1864 by Queen Isabella as the Order of Military Merit in Spanish "Orden del Merito Militar", it is Spains military award for gallantry in war and peace, it was recognised and awarded to both sides in the Spanish Civil War.
    There are four categories, indicated by the colour of the enamel on the cross, Red, White, White/Blue and White/Yellow, this one being White....which was awarded for actions, deeds or distinguished service during missions, or ordinary, or extraordinary service in the armed forces or in connection with defence of the country.
    The Grand Cross and Sash grade being awarded to generals, admirals or civilian personnel of equivalent rank, the sash is worn over the right shoulder.
    This medal displays alternate coats of arms of Castile and León, in 2003 the design was changed to further incorparate the coat of arms of Aragon, Navarre and Granada. This particular medal has a smooth blank back, there are versions with pebbled backs (considered late possibly after 1975) and a version with the rear bearing a red medallion with bearing the letters"MM" (Mérito Militar).
    Prost ! Steve.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Spanish Military medal Grand Cross and Sash..   Spanish Military medal Grand Cross and Sash..  

Spanish Military medal Grand Cross and Sash..  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spanish Military medal Grand Cross and Sash..
    P
    Many

Nice one!

a cracker Steve.