Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Special Fork

Article about: Just picked this up. It's not complete, either the knife or spoon is missing, I don't know which however, I have never seen an artifact like this. In a sense, it may be unique? Enjoy!

Default Special Fork

Just picked this up. It's not complete, either the knife or spoon is missing, I don't know which however, I have never seen an artifact like this. In a sense, it may be unique?

Enjoy!
    Attached Images Attached Images Special Fork  Special Fork  Special Fork  Special Fork 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Special Fork
    P
    Many

Default Re: Special Fork

Hi Richard, I have never seen one like it before either? I would expect it is some kind of presentation type item? Who is the maker?

Cheers, Ade.

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    Hi Richard, I have never seen one like it before either? I would expect it is some kind of presentation type item? Who is the maker?

Cheers, Ade.
    It was found at a local estate sale and is marked "Pro Patria on the obverse and "sterling" on the reverse. It measures 4 1/4". Obviously, the box shows a bit of wear. The white corner ribbon in the top section of the box has printed on it "M. Bonn Co. Pittsburgh, Pat." A Pennsylvania, USA company? I don't believe the company exists anymore.

OKW
    ?

Just like General Motors then!

The words Pro Patria roughly translated means "For Native Land"

AND yes, like General Motors and also the Third Reich ... no longer existing as such.

I'm beginning to wonder if this was WWII or earlier because of the design on the obverse of an eagle, circle of stars with flags beneath?

Hi Richard,
    I think they used a circle of stars in the American civil war, I have seen them in some family stuff we have.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Richard,
    I think they used a circle of stars in the American civil war, I have seen them in some family stuff we have.
    Dave.
    Hi Dave ... I'm beginning to think along these lines also. Should it turn out to be Civil War, then I really picked up something exceptionally scarce?

Hi Richard,
    I hope it is civil war as it will be a great talking point for you,.
    Going by the design it is pretty old i would say 1800,s I cant see it being twentieth century.
    Dave.

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Richard,
    I hope it is civil war as it will be a great talking point for you,.
    Going by the design it is pretty old i would say 1800,s I cant see it being twentieth century.
    Dave.
    Dave ... I just took a closer look at the design, specifically the crossed flags and each one has 13 stars, which may indicate the thirteen original colonies. This may also possibly date to the Revolutionary War period? The only thing is would it still be marked "sterling" and the word Pat D.18?

Gets a bit confusing

Perhaps a closer look at the fork? Not Revolutionary though. (imo)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast