Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Spent cartridges - New display idea

Article about: Hi all I was walking round a shop one day and noticed a lot of stuff presented in perspex display 'boxes'. There were also numerous items displayed one on top of each other using a tiered pe

Default Spent cartridges - New display idea

Hi all

I was walking round a shop one day and noticed a lot of stuff presented in perspex display 'boxes'. There were also numerous items displayed one on top of each other using a tiered perspex box, thus doubling the amount of stock displayed on the shelf. I always work on the principal that 'you never get if you never ask' so asked if they had any old or broken perspex stands they didn't want. They had 2 stands that were broken, one of which was too damaged to be of any use, the other was fixable. They let me have them for nothing

So here is the result. I've used the stand to double stack my spent cartridges, thus doubling the space for displaying them. It has also forced me to organise them a little better

Spent cartridges  - New display idea

I think it looks great and has had a knock on effect. Because the cartridges are all cleared into a much smaller space, I can now display some of the other relics a lot clearer. Here is the shelf before I moved the carts onto the stand.

....and here it is after. Everything has a lot more space are you can see the relics a lot better than before

I've just got to update the labels and it's finished.

What do you think ?

Cheers

Steve T

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spent cartridges  - New display idea
    P
    Many

Default Re: Spent cartridges - New display idea

very good mate, looks 100% better with a little more room!

Quote by Steve T View Post
    Hi all

I was walking round a shop one day and noticed a lot of stuff presented in perspex display 'boxes'. There were also numerous items displayed one on top of each other using a tiered perspex box, thus doubling the amount of stock displayed on the shelf. I always work on the principal that 'you never get if you never ask' so asked if they had any old or broken perspex stands they didn't want. They had 2 stands that were broken, one of which was too damaged to be of any use, the other was fixable. They let me have them for nothing

So here is the result. I've used the stand to double stack my spent cartridges, thus doubling the space for displaying them. It has also forced me to organise them a little better

I think it looks great and has had a knock on effect. Because the cartridges are all cleared into a much smaller space, I can now display some of the other relics a lot clearer. Here is the shelf before I moved the carts onto the stand.

....and here it is after. Everything has a lot more space are you can see the relics a lot better than before

I've just got to update the labels and it's finished.

What do you think ?

Cheers

Steve T
    Deffinately method in the madness as they say Steve and clearly you have improved your display of artifacts tenfold-does look very good and what a simple idea! I think as collectors we are all going to experience the great problem of running low on space at some point and this looks to be a good solution to the age old problem. Regards, Tim.

Looks great..

Cheers,

Thanks guys

what a cracking display it has a clinical look to it also i love the patina on the cases are the crimped cases dummy/blanks ?

Thatnks Col James

Yes, the crimped ones are unfired 303 blanks, all dated in the war years. Some believe they are grenade firing blanks, others just straight up blanks. Either way I tended to find them in 'clumps' as though someone had been firing a load off then forgetting 5 or 6 they left behind

Steve T