Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Spring Cleaning! Tidying up the display...

Article about: Had some items accumulating so decided to switch around the display. I currently use a sitting room that leads into my bedroom, however some items have leaked into the bedroom; which my lovi

?

Default Spring Cleaning! Tidying up the display...

Had some items accumulating so decided to switch around the display. I currently use a sitting room that leads into my bedroom, however some items have leaked into the bedroom; which my loving wife begrudgingly allows!

In any case, thought I'd share some photos. Hope you enjoy and feel free to ask any questions!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Spring Cleaning! Tidying up the display...
    P
    Many

Looking good !

You are lucky, my wife wont allow a display in any room apart from the garage!

Nick
    "In all my years as a soldier, I have never seen men fight so hard." - SS Obergruppenfuhrer Wilhelm Bittrich - Arnhem

Is Your wife OK to see all these stuffs every day?
    No place for flowers!
    The best Militaria forum in France is here : http://deutsch-militaria.forumactif.us/

Great display! I'm like Nick (Woolgar). My war room/ man cave is my garage.

?

Great displays, very tastefully done! Love the mine flagged M-1, it speaks to me for some reason

Jim

?

Thanks, gentlemen! I don't have a garage although I wish I did as I'd be able to display more. I currently have half an attic storing the rest of my collection.

My wife was cool with me using this room as long as it doesn't look cluttered, which I'm fine with as we're both neat freaks. I did try to get away with a mannequin display bu that didn't last long!

?

Quote by Jim P View Post
    Great displays, very tastefully done! *Love the mine flagged M-1, it speaks to me for some reason

Thanks, Jim. There are period photos of soldiers attaching mine flags like this. I have a couple of them and thought it looked cool so decided to go for it. Turns that ordinary M1 into a nice display piece.

Your corner shelf displays are very well thought out and presented. I think a banner of some sort would look good above the staircase.

?

Thanks, Maximus! While a banner would look good, I think I would be pushing my limits. If I hung one, I may be using it later as a blanket when I'm sleeping in my car!

One day we'll move on from this house to a bigger one. I've already staked a claim on a room to use as my office (I work primarily from home) and to display my collection. I have quite a few WWI propaganda posters and other ephemera I'd like to hang on the walls. Plus, I would like to eventually do a display with all of my loose Army SSI's and unattributed medals.

For now, I'm quite content with what I have and enjoy occasionally rotating items to keep it fresh. I find when I pull those storage bins out to change up the display, I'm rediscovering items I forgot I even had....

what is the helmet second down on the corner shelf, seen one for sale .

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast