Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

SS collection displayed

Article about: Moved into the new digs in June and I've have been slowly working on the office/war room. Here are a few photos of the main display which is mostly a SS focus. I've still got odds and ends o

?

A very tasteful display! Although with a collection like that, you don't even notice the way it is displayed! You have a superb collection.

Cheers, Pat

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS collection displayed
    P
    Many

?

Beautiful display. This style of cabinet really make items pop!

MAP
    ?

Beautiful tasteful display. Surely quality over quantity pays off!

Oh a black cap...one day I keep telling myself...

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Lovely and Great displays Gents. History Perfect and Preserved.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

As a fellow collector of the SS, i congratulate you on that remarkable display. Well done. I am especially digging the SS NCO sword and SS portepee.

looks good and set up nice.

seems we all have them cabinets lol

any one stoped dust getting into them?

Quote by seventyeighth View Post

Thanks for the tip, Ralph. I'm not thrilled with the LED wiring exposed as it is. Running it down the corners, as you suggest, sounds better.
    I run the wires along the metal glass supports to the corner of the cabinet and join each shelf's wire to the next until all 4 are cable tied together then run the lot through a hole drilled in the bottom of the cabinet then nicely out of sight along the floor to the power point.

SS collection displayed

Good question IronCross. How do you ever keep dust out of those! It would cost a fortune to have them hermetically sealed. and then we couldn't handle our long sought treasures

Excellent displays, very well done

I'm also a detolf fan, and I'm too lazy to clean my displays .

I went to the hardware store for some window weatherstripping for my detolf.
    The thickest solid weatherstripping I could find that would close the gap, however on the hinge side I used a hollow compressible D-shaped weatherstrip, otherwise there would be issues with the door closing.

It's a bit of a hassle to install, because you have to run the weatherstrip exactly alongside the door, and the potruding hinges without putting pressure on them, otherwise the door won't close or stay closed.

The result: 100% dust proof, but the downside is that the weatherstripping obstructs the view somewhat in the corners.

SS collection displayed
    SS collection displayed
    SS collection displayed

On a side note, I've also seen people use foam type weatherstripping, which may work ever better...

Quote by scottmadoo View Post
    Very Nice! and very well displayed too. I would like a cabinet like that in my room.. congrats
    Ditto here, especially with the contents ;-)

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast