Become our sponsor and display your banner here

Stahlhelm display

Article about: So, I recently acquired a Luftwaffe Stahlhelm, without the liner. The decal is fading but the helmet is intact with no cracks or holes besides where the split pins and vents once were. So, i

Default Stahlhelm display

So, I recently acquired a Luftwaffe Stahlhelm, without the liner. The decal is fading but the helmet is intact with no cracks or holes besides where the split pins and vents once were. So, inspired and now being in possession of four German helmets, I made this display:Stahlhelm display

The helmet on the top shelf is a M40/55 Finnish made helmet, the medal I have yet to identify, although I believe it's a civilian award.
    The helmet on the far left on the bottom shelf is a relic heer M40, the middle is a relic M16 and the one of the far right is a Luftwaffe Stahlhelm, which I have yet to identify if it's an M35, M40 or M42.
    I now just need to get the uniforms to go with each of these helmets

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Stahlhelm display
    P
    Many

Nice collection- the medal on the left is the German ww2 war service cross (KVK) the one on the right is the British military cross.
    "Per Ardua"

?

M42 would have flared edges around the rim, m35 and m40 have rolled edges (crimped) m35 has a two piece vent construction, while m40 and m42 have stamped vent holes incorporated into the helmet. Take a good look at these features and you will easily be able to id them.

Thanks for showing us. Great collection so far. I am an avid Luftwaffe collector and yet I do not have any Stahlhelms.

I believe this helmet belonged to a soldier of the "Luftwaffe Field Division", surplus ground crews who were transferred for roles as infantry. From what I heard, they weren't very good.

Congratulations on your latest acquisition and thank you for showing.

Mart