Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Theresienstadt Ghetto currency display

Article about: The 50M is going to be the bad one and the 10M in presentable shape isn't all that easy either! It took me awhile to find decent pieces to make the entire set, but it's always better to buy

Default Theresienstadt Ghetto currency display

Hi all , I just thought I would share my completed collection (thanks to Carl B) of Theresienstadt Ghetto currency that I have just mounted and framed. Fear not one and all , they are not glued in the frame!! I used non acidic photograph corner mounts that do not "stick" to the currency itself and it will be hanging in the dining room well away from the sunlight! I hope you like it , Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Theresienstadt Ghetto currency display   Theresienstadt Ghetto currency display  

Theresienstadt Ghetto currency display  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Theresienstadt Ghetto currency display
    P
    Many

Very interesting! I find it a little unusual that the Nazis would put Moses on the money.

Neat collection!
    I collect, therefore I am.

Nothing in science can explain how consciousness arose from matter.

I understand that the SS authorities had the 6th Commandment (Thou shalt not kill) purposely covered up by Moses' hand in the design...
    cheers, Glenn

Quote by Panzersaurus View Post
    Very interesting! I find it a little unusual that the Nazis would put Moses on the money.
    Hi Panzersaures , the purpose of this "money" was to extort the genuine Marks or valuables from the Jewish internees and exchange it for this currency. Inside the Ghetto it had it's own value as such but it was a fraction of what was handed over to obtain it in the first place. Also it was usless outside of the Ghetto so anyone escaping would not be able to use it. If you look closely at the Hebrew text "thou shalt not kill" is covered by Moses's hand on the tablet, this was on the orders of Heydrich himself! Leon.

Interesting I did not know that and I have seen some pictures before of it. Nice hard to find items Leon and they are displayed beautifully. timoth

Carl would be able to track down related links concerning the Currency. Heydrich was involved with the art being changed..from my understanding.
    Last edited by Larry C; 12-01-2013 at 01:34 PM.
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

Nicely assembled, Leon! I Like the fact that your set is like my own-Circulated. These notes are actually much more difficult to find in a Used state than in crisp uncirculated like new. That, and so Many of them were counterfeited after the war and sold to countless collectors-that to find a set like this that has actually Been there and Participated in History is tough indeed. What's next? Litzmannstadt?
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

?

Very interesting friend.

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    Nicely assembled, Leon! I Like the fact that your set is like my own-Circulated. These notes are actually much more difficult to find in a Used state than in crisp uncirculated like new. That, and so Many of them were counterfeited after the war and sold to countless collectors-that to find a set like this that has actually Been there and Participated in History is tough indeed. What's next? Litzmannstadt?
    Hi William , thanks for the kind words , I am on the way with the Litzmannstadt currency although I only have the 50fpg , 1 , 2 and 5 Mark pieces at the moment. I'm sure given time and Carls help another frame may be popping up at some point! Leon.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast