Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Things Beginners Buy- my collection so far

Article about: Here are some recent additions. Very much a work in progress.

?

Default Re: Things Beginners Buy- my collection so far

Morris posted a link to Crimson Mist Military Antiques. These are another outfit to be wary of. The helmet & badge
    sections of this site are littered with fakes & misrepresented items. It is highly unlikely that you will ever find a
    bargain or realistic price with Australian dealers & that is why I rarely if ever use them.

Regards
    Brett

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Things Beginners Buy- my collection so far
    P
    Many

Default Some more items

Hi everyone, here's a couple more. I will upload some more images today.

Things Beginners Buy- my collection so farThings Beginners Buy- my collection so far

Wonderful collection

Nice start and it will grow you have some nice items to be beginning with. My uncle fought in Boreneo, New Guinna to name a few he was US Div Sunset patch I forget right now could be 30th anyway he was rescused by Austrialian troops on New Guinna he and another comarade had been hiding out from the Japanese troops until he heard "The Aussies talking" and then he called out to them. He respected Aussies as he used to call them and didn't have anything but good to say about them "Some of the toughest bunch in the pacific" What brought that to mind was your Australian items you show. timothy

Haha yes my Grandfather who fought in New Guinea also was a tough aussie, even in is later years. He used to scald me for having long hair!

My great uncle was 2/15 AIF and fought on the Kokoda trail. He told me once that they'd go up the trail for 4 weeks at a time and never take their boots off due to the constant threat of Japanese shelling so when they'd come back down to base after each 4 week stint they'd peel their socks off and all the skin off of each foot would come away with the sock.

?

Nice start! Keep an eye on Collectors Guild if you are buying. He caters to an International clientele and has some great items come in on consignment.

Here are some recent additions. Will post more soon.

Things Beginners Buy- my collection so farThings Beginners Buy- my collection so far

?

Nice collection..nice Luftwaffe tabs.
    I also like your cased and enveloped awards. Always nice to see them together.

Cheers for showing Mate, glad to see your grand set you straight hehehe

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast