Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap

Article about: by mabrgo I was making no offensive remarks as to the quality of your caps. I agree that they are original. I was only confirming that this is not a female cap, as the soutache is the wrong

Youssouf
    ?

Default Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap

As promised before while showing my headgear collection, here my latest addition: an M43 generals cap and an SS officer sidecap.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap   Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap  

Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap   Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap  

Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap   Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Todays arrival! generals cap and SS sidecap

Interestin pieces. Are they from the same source? Where did you get them?

Youssouf
    ?

Quote by wwmilitaria View Post
    Interestin pieces. Are they from the same source? Where did you get them?
    They are not from the same source, I bought the SS sidecap from Martin Stiles (Hannas Reich) and the M43 generals cap from Kent (Relics of the Reich). In my opinion two perfect original pieces. I am only looking now for a flat silverwire deadshead to complete my sidecap. Might be difficult..

Yes, these flatwire emblems you only encounter rarely. Both caps are in great condition. Is the eagle original applied to the sidecap?
    And does the generals cap come with any background? For instance who wore it?

Youssouf
    ?

Quote by wwmilitaria View Post
    Yes, these flatwire emblems you only encounter rarely. Both caps are in great condition. Is the eagle original applied to the sidecap?
    And does the generals cap come with any background? For instance who wore it?

I am very happy with bot caps, they are in a wonderful condition with signs of wear where you expect it to be. Unfortunately I do not have any background information about both caps, I can try with the generals cap but I do not think it will be succesfull.. The eagle is hand applied to the cap (most common) so I cannot tell if it is original applied. I hope I will be able to buy a scull with about the same aging to it.

?

On the side cap, is there any evidence that the skull was ever on the cap? If not, I know that females in the SS were issued caps without the skull on the front. If there are no holes, markings, etc. on the front, it might be that the cap was never suppose to have a skull. I'm not sure that females wore that color soutache however. I could be reaching - it's just that in the picture, it looks like there are no holes or tearing, though someone could have removed it carefully.

Matthew

Youssouf
    ?

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    On the side cap, is there any evidence that the skull was ever on the cap? If not, I know that females in the SS were issued caps without the skull on the front. If there are no holes, markings, etc. on the front, it might be that the cap was never suppose to have a skull. I'm not sure that females wore that color soutache however. I could be reaching - it's just that in the picture, it looks like there are no holes or tearing, though someone could have removed it carefully.

Matthew
    Hello Matthew, I thank you for your opinion and you are right about women in the SS wearing sidecaps. These sidecaps however are of a different construction than male sidecaps. When I got my sidecap there were a few black threads coming from the front of the cap, these could be from the scull. However I removed these black threads and hope to sew a correct scull to the cap soon.. (as I can find one..). I am not worried about this one ever beeing used by a women.

?

Gotcha. I didn't know about the threads found. Like I said, I think the soutache is the wrong color also for it to be a female cap. Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool to have a female cap - they are few and very far between. Nice caps though!

Matthew

Youssouf
    ?

Quote by mabrgo View Post
    Gotcha. I didn't know about the threads found. Like I said, I think the soutache is the wrong color also for it to be a female cap. Personally, I think it'd be pretty cool to have a female cap - they are few and very far between. Nice caps though!

Matthew
    Hello Matthew, I suppose you are a very nice guy but please study about militaria. My SS sidecap is a textbook example of a private purchase SS officer or general sidecap. No questions about the cloth, liner or soutache. 100% original.

?

Quote by Youssouf View Post
    Hello Matthew, I suppose you are a very nice guy but please study about militaria. My SS sidecap is a textbook example of a private purchase SS officer or general sidecap. No questions about the cloth, liner or soutache. 100% original.
    I was making no offensive remarks as to the quality of your caps. I agree that they are original. I was only confirming that this is not a female cap, as the soutache is the wrong color (female caps used an orange color.) Please read what I wrote and do no mistake it. Besides, it's missing the skull - I wouldn't call it textbook.

Matthew

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast