Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Today's pick ups

Article about: Just thought I'd show today's pick ups. First is a stag-gripped dress bayonet by Gustav splitzer, and a minty polizei buckle unmarked. The dress bayonet had a rough condition scabbard and fr

Default Today's pick ups

Just thought I'd show today's pick ups. First is a stag-gripped dress bayonet by Gustav splitzer, and a minty polizei buckle unmarked. The dress bayonet had a rough condition scabbard and frog on it, but after swapping a few parts on some other bayonets I ended up with this nice one. Hope you guys like it
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Today's pick ups   Today's pick ups  

Today's pick ups   Today's pick ups  

Today's pick ups  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Today's pick ups
    P
    Many

Buckle looks unissued and fresh out of it's wrapper. Nice find!
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Thanks for the feedback. This particular bayonet is interesting because all the plating is gone from the hilt and the blade itself, which is odd as I have never seen that on a bayonet. My theory is maybe the soldier who owned it, or captured it, didn't like the finish and personalized it or someone tried to clean it. But it's impossible to know when this was done.

Nice pieces! timothy

Thanks for the positive comments. I really love the polizei buckle. They are not hard to find, and often are found in good condition.

the buckle looks a fake .see rogues gallery 16.

Is that one simulated stag I can't tell by the pictures if so they are much harder to find than real stag. Here is close up of two I own one is a rare so called pioneer model hope you don't mind adding them. timothy
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Today's pick ups   Today's pick ups  

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    the buckle looks a fake .see rogues gallery 16.
    I think Harry is correct.

Steve

?

Love the Simulated Stag Grip on the Bayo! They are tough to find. Nice pick up. Here is a link to my simulated bayo as well.

KS/98 Short Bayonet - Simulated Stag Grip

Saw the buckle thread as well. Sounds like you can work it out to get a refund or exchange on that one as far as being a repro. Good luck friend.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com