Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Today's pick ups

Article about: Here are some of today's pick ups. A local dealer/friend of mine bought out an entire collection from the eastern United States and I was able to acquire these pieces out of the lot of stuff

Default Today's pick ups

Here are some of today's pick ups. A local dealer/friend of mine bought out an entire collection from the eastern United States and I was able to acquire these pieces out of the lot of stuff he got. First is a heer winter fur cap which is RBNr'd and dated 1943. The next is a M43 heer EM cap also dated 1943 and maker marked. The last piece is a nice Q66 ND M40 helmet with awesome feldgrau paint. The chinstrap I believe to be a reproduction, but is the only issue. Hope you guys like.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Today's pick ups  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Today's pick ups
    P
    Many

Pics of the heer winter fur cap:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Today's pick ups   Today's pick ups  

Today's pick ups  

Pics of the M43 heer EM cap:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Today's pick ups   Today's pick ups  

Today's pick ups  

Last but not least, the M40 ND:

Today's pick ups   Today's pick ups  

Nice set. Thanks for sharing.

My favorite is the fur hat. Nice stuff you acquired.

MAP
    ?

Love these fur hats too. IMHO underappreciated. I have one but with a cloth eagle.

Do have a question on the helmet. Maybe it's just my monitor or the picture, but the interior color for an M40 looks very bright green. Almost apple green of an M35. I looks like it has been repainted on the inside and can see pitting on the dome? And is the liner actually black? Finally, have the rivets been replaced? I see one that is black.

Michael
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Quote by MAP View Post
    Love these fur hats too. IMHO underappreciated. I have one but with a cloth eagle.

Do have a question on the helmet. Maybe it's just my monitor or the picture, but the interior color for an M40 looks very bright green. Almost apple green of an M35. I looks like it has been repainted on the inside and can see pitting on the dome? And is the liner actually black? Finally, have the rivets been replaced? I see one that is black.

Michael
    yes, it is just the photos, the interior is the same color of the exterior and what looks like pitting is some flaking to the paint. The liner is black (possibly due to oils put on it, or a nasty head wound) and one rivet has been replaced, but others are original to helmet.

MAP
    ?

Well that's good to hear....Nice pickups!

I have some helmets where the liner is near black from whatever hair gel they used.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The chinstrap may be real but I don't like it, the hardware on it is not right IMO. Might just be a very late war one. I can post some pics of it later.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast