Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Two items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity) - the political party of Vidkun Quisling

Article about: This is not a proper collection display, but I could not think of where else to post these items as I could find no fitting category on the forum for these bits. These are two items from Nas

KSH
    ?

Default Two items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity) - the political party of Vidkun Quisling

This is not a proper collection display, but I could not think of where else to post these items as I could find no fitting category on the forum for these bits.

These are two items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity), the Nazi-esque party of Quisling which collaborated with the German regime headed by Reichskommissar Josef Terboven in Norway.

Here a small party pin (measures roughly 10mm across the disc), the details are exquisite on this small piece indeed:

Two items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity) - the political party of Vidkun QuislingTwo items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity) - the political party of Vidkun Quisling
    Two items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity) - the political party of Vidkun Quisling

The most common poster used by NS in Norway from 1936-1945 ("Norge Kaller" means "Norway Calling" in Norwegian). The symbolism is quite striking - the symbol of NS (as already seen on the party pin above) is a sun cross and is here depicted as the rising sun, rising to herald a new day - the day of Nasjonal Samling. The bird is not an eagle like in German iconography, but a raven, derived from the old Norse legends especially associated with the god Odin:

I do not know how much interest there is here for such items and such history - I have posted them all the same.

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:07 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Two items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity) - the political party of Vidkun Quisling
    P
    Many

Default Re: Two items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity) - the political party of Vidkun Quisling

Very interesting Kenneth I have never seen them before thanks for showing.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Default Re: Two items from Nasjonal Samling (National Unity) - the political party of Vidkun Quisling

Hi Kenneth,
    they are really nice items i like the posters very much, i only have one item from Norway which i have kept,
    it is a Norwegean Flag that belonged to Terje Rollem, he was the man who took the serender at Akershus fortress
    11th May 1945. It was among some paperwork and i could only buy the flag, i have a copy pic of him taking the serender from Major Josef Nichterlien. Also a photo from his funeral in norway in 1995.
    dave.

Interesting items Kenneth and I assume that most of the other related items were destroyed at the end of the war, though this is only an assumption.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

You have some very nice items there. I can remember watching a programme about Quisling on 'Nazi sympathisers' on the Yesterday channel, it was extremely interesting
    Thanks, Glen.

KSH
    ?

Quote by Panzer 3 View Post
    Hi Kenneth,
    they are really nice items i like the posters very much, i only have one item from Norway which i have kept,
    it is a Norwegean Flag that belonged to Terje Rollem, he was the man who took the serender at Akershus fortress
    11th May 1945. It was among some paperwork and i could only buy the flag, i have a copy pic of him taking the serender from Major Josef Nichterlien. Also a photo from his funeral in norway in 1995.
    dave.
    Thank you - very interesting indeed about the flag!

Quote by Bond View Post
    Interesting items Kenneth and I assume that most of the other related items were destroyed at the end of the war, though this is only an assumption.
    Undoubtedly most of these items associated with the hated Nasjonal Samling were indeed destroyed after the war. The fact that the party also was quite small during its entire lifespan (the party only reached a membership number of 43 400 adult members at its zenith) has caused these items to become quite rare now. And this is of course reflected in the current market prices - the small party pin (10mm) cost me 150 Euros (!) and the prices on NS-stuff on Norwegian online auctions have started to reach ridiculous proportions!! A war-time produced miniature of the Norwegian Frontfighter's Badge (for Norwegian volunteers in the Waffen-SS) just sold for 750 Euros online!!!

I thank you all for your sincere interest!

Hochachtungsvoll,

Kenneth
    Last edited by KSH; 07-24-2021 at 03:07 PM.

?

Very nice items...there seems to have been a lot of variety of the membership pins for such a short-lived organization. I haven't seen this one yet, but I am newer to collecting Nasjonal Samling items