Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ukrainian Morale/Unit Patches

Article about: I didn't really know where to post these, perhaps a candidate for the discussed "post WW2 conflicts" forum? Morale? unit patches from the Ukrainian conflict, some pretty cool desig

Default Ukrainian Morale/Unit Patches

Ukrainian Morale/Unit PatchesUkrainian Morale/Unit PatchesUkrainian Morale/Unit Patches

I didn't really know where to post these, perhaps a candidate for the discussed "post WW2 conflicts" forum? Moral/unit patches from the Ukrainian conflict, some pretty cool designs here but the SS type totenkopf is rather dubious, why name a unit after Oskar Dirlewanger? a psychopathic murderer who butchered many Slavic people.
    There are lots more of these patches to be collected yet.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ukrainian Morale/Unit Patches
    P
    Many

Also note the "Black Sun" symbol on the "Grim Reaper" patch in the first photo.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    Indeed Andreas, the black sun seems to feature on quite a few of these patches.

Quote by HPL2008 View Post
    To me the use of The Black Sun is more disturbing the the TK which does have an earlier history as a military symbol.

Isn't The Black Sun associated with the Azov Battalion of the Ukranian National Guard who have some pretty extreme right wing principles?

I think they also employ the "Wolfsangel" as a symbol too.

Kind of makes me wonder just who the bad guys actually are in that particular sh*tstorm!

Interesting patches but I wonder if collecting them might raise more eyebrows than that nasty old TR stuff

Regards

Mark
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

You are correct Mark the Azov battalion does indeed use the black sun and the wolfsangel, the U.S. Congress passed legislation in 2018 blocking military aid to Azov on the grounds of its white supremacist ideology, as i said earlier the Oskar Dirlewanger patch has to be the most chilling.

?

Great collection Gunny I am just starting to delve in to helmets used during the recent and current conflict in the Ukraine ...

Regards Mark

Quote by Mark K View Post
    Great collection Gunny I am just starting to delve in to helmets used during the recent and current conflict in the Ukraine ...

Regards Mark
    I'd love to see them.

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    I'd love to see them.
    The one Ukrainian example is posted here Gunny and I have not written a proper thread yet on my Russian helmets here at the WRF 2013 Dated Ukrainian KASKA-1M

Regards Mark

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    You are correct Mark the Azov battalion does indeed use the black sun and the wolfsangel, the U.S. Congress passed legislation in 2018 blocking military aid to Azov on the grounds of its white supremacist ideology, as i said earlier the Oskar Dirlewanger patch has to be the most chilling.
    Hmm, I must say I have seen some very unpleasant individuals / groups who claim the moral high ground for the most bizarre pseudo-political reasons and in this case I do struggle to see these people as being oppressed by the "Russian Bear" and therefore deserving of international support.
    I suppose that's why we have politicians to decide on these matters

My concern though is that our service personnel stand to be put at risk in support of what might be the wrong cause. It is no longer a direct personal concern to me (old git) but it might be to my son and his shipmates.

Anyway, I don't mean to get political just to raise a point of concern which tends to highlight the turbulent history of that region. In that context these patches are worthy of interest from a collectors point of view.

Regards

Mark

PS Having said that, if these are "morale" patches rather than unit insignia perhaps they might be seen in the same way as "Punisher" or "Sniper - Don't bother to run" and "Taliban Hunting Club" patches on our side?
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Quote by Watchdog View Post
    Hmm, I must say I have seen some very unpleasant individuals / groups who claim the moral high ground for the most bizarre pseudo-political reasons and in this case I do struggle to see these people as being oppressed by the "Russian Bear" and therefore deserving of international support.
    I suppose that's why we have politicians to decide on these matters

My concern though is that our service personnel stand to be put at risk in support of what might be the wrong cause. It is no longer a direct personal concern to me (old git) but it might be to my son and his shipmates.

Anyway, I don't mean to get political just to raise a point of concern which tends to highlight the turbulent history of that region. In that context these patches are worthy of interest from a collectors point of view.

Regards

Mark
    Some very good points of view there mate.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast