MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

uniform displays

Article about: Due to the constraints of my war room ive decided to keep it for headgear displays only,i havent the room for mannequins but have built a full standing display to throw my uniforms on as and

Thanks to Steve for this 58 pattern webbing rig ,all the dates are leaning towards the late 80's and the water osprey canteen is dated 1990 also on the rig is us water canteen which further backs up the idea of its use ,due to the problems encountered with the sa80 it was still not uncommon to find the l1a1 slr rifle still in use even with some front line troops during desert storm /op granby .ive done some research to back this up including information provided by a former desert rat the rig is complete and all parts of the webbing are signed to the same soldieruniform displaysuniform displays
    Last edited by James C; 09-05-2018 at 07:01 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement uniform displays
    P
    Many

Very Nice P58 webbing James I have an Incomplete set of P58 webbing but most the dates have faded.

Matt

Cheers paul the bundesheer camo is the closest ill get to owning something resembling ss camo ,thank you also matt can i ask what dates you can see come in at on yours and please post up your set here ,id be interested to view it ,i was surprised to see so many late 80's stampings on these to be honest ,i think the latest is 1987 the back pack is an earlier vintage of 1979 and i still need to figure out how to attach to the webbing ,im sure by the late 80's the plce webbing was well into use by then

Those desert boots in #91, i think they are the type that fell apart when the glue melted in the heat, a pretty poor bit of kit!...

oh dear ,thanks for warning me paul ill keep them stored away from the radiator this winter ,im suppose to be saving this stuff for future generations ,by the time they get these they wont even be fit for flip flops

Only truly visible date is 1983 on a ammo pouch and the belt looks like 1968 or 1988 something like that l will get some pics later , not much natural light its raining again.

Matt
    Last edited by Steelhead10; 08-30-2015 at 04:37 PM.

?

James nice display of 58 Beltkit.. (webbing)... I can give you a crash course on fitting it together when I'm home in 3 weeks over Skype if you want?.. I isn't rocket science lol... But I used to swear & curse putting that stuff together..... lol. Cheers Terry.

Thanks matt ,as and when you can mate ,i know what you mean though bright sunlight does help bring out those dates better Terry great to see you here again id appreciate that help with the webbing mate ,thanks for dropping by
    thanks ,james

Quote by James C View Post
    Thanks matt ,as and when you can mate ,i know what you mean though bright sunlight does help bring out those dates better Terry great to see you here again id appreciate that help with the webbing mate ,thanks for dropping by
    thanks ,james
    Yeah good old English liquid sunshine here and I see someone wrote his name on the backstrap as did someone on mine, or a whole lot of people the kidney pouch has a name I can hardly read on also.

Page 10 of 32 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast