Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

uniform displays

Article about: Due to the constraints of my war room ive decided to keep it for headgear displays only,i havent the room for mannequins but have built a full standing display to throw my uniforms on as and

1980's BW panzer grenadieruniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displays
    Last edited by James C; 06-01-2016 at 10:28 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement uniform displays
    P
    Many

Nice display and i didn't realise the bundeswehr had been using flecktarn that long, but i understand it was first introduced 88/89. Those boots bring back happy memories, i used to wear them all the time in the 80s, 90s and early 2000s but sadly getting rare and expensive!...

A nice mannequin James, but that chimera looks a bit cluttered!

Quote by James C View Post
    1980's BW panzer grenadier
    Dear James,

A very nice display. I would show him without the "flak jacket", according to my own memory they weren't typical for the 80's and not usual/used at least up to 1986. In our armored combat engineer unit your soldier would have "got crapped on" because our NCO's were not amused to see the pant legs inside the boots. The ends of the pant legs had to be reverted inside and fixed with a kind of rubber band of "Weck" preserving glas. So the ends of the pant legs ended above the upper rim of the boot legs. The ends of the shoelaces had to be put inside the boots, it was not allowed to wrap them around the boot legs.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

"The ends of the shoelaces had to be put inside the boots, it was not allowed to wrap them around the boot legs." That must have been bloody uncomfortable!...

Thanks Paul who would of thought these boots getting expensive ,the frag vest is dated 1988 ,Steve thanks for your hospitality today ,yes the chimera is reminiscent of my war room and thank you Alter for your nice comments and also your first hand experience too ,a very interesting perspective and great to hear your thoughts this display is based on photographs from a concord publication ,Germany's mechanized infantry
    Cheers James uniform displaysuniform displays

BW panzer combination uniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displaysuniform displays

Added the flare pistol holster and radio case ,unfortunately empty but did find my M1A1 modified stahlhelm to add to the display uniform displays

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    "The ends of the shoelaces had to be put inside the boots, it was not allowed to wrap them around the boot legs." That must have been bloody uncomfortable!...
    ... it was okay. It was more anoying to remember for the correct position of the ends of the pant legs when you was busy or after you was sliding on your belly over the exercise area or during a manoeuvre. Especially when there was frozen snow on your skin between the pant ends and your boots Nevertheless after my BW times I even put the shoelaces inside my private boots (and I still make it sometimes today), just for the look, strange isn't?

I think James's picture with the group of 5 BW soliders show them with the reverted ends of the pant legs.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

New arrival and on my want's list for a very long time ,French lizard pattern smock and trousers a differance in colouration between the set ,trousers seem unissued ,smock is well used with some personal modifications ,shoulder area's has been doubled lined with newer material and cuffs have been extended ,in time i will add more to the display ,correct boots webbing etc but for now im really ok so the set is later than used in indochina but i thought id add the ppsh just for fun uniform displays
    Last edited by James C; 08-19-2018 at 08:51 PM.

Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast