Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Article about: Hello, You have a great handle on the uniform and insignia. The uniform was in service for quite some time because of operations in that theater. A bush hat or patrol cap would be nice. Thes

Great collection and display James !
    Prost ! Steve.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US "Operation Desert Storm" display.
    P
    Many

Quote by James C View Post
    well here's the display ,ive added a few extra items ,a whistle ,an angled flashlight ,but dont believe this to be us in origin ,its close enough though ,an m18 smoke grenade ,again not a us one but british ,ive painted it up just for the display ,the choc chip alice pack cover should arrive from the states soon ,also ive put a spare shirt in the pack too ,as most of you know my war room is pretty cramped so to get round this my mannequins are in the seated position ,by the way i made the display from off cuts of timber ,so no thats not me displaying the kit Attachment 600037Attachment 600039Attachment 600028Attachment 600033Attachment 600029Attachment 600034Attachment 600035Attachment 600038Attachment 600032Attachment 600051Attachment 600040Attachment 600041Attachment 600042Attachment 600044Attachment 600043Attachment 600047Attachment 600049Attachment 600036Attachment 600030Attachment 600031
    Again James another WOW Display -- Super

sorry ive not replyed sooner ,ive had a nightmare week in work and its only tuesday ,many thanks for the kind words jake ,your right to mention "black hawk down "as apart from the nbc gear ,this display would also be good representaion of us troops in Somali ,thanks also steve and rené post away opex ,if it wasnt for you my display wouldnt be as complete ,i like your set up too and its reasurring to see the gear i have is roughly in the right place ,i like the buttpack you show ,can i ask whats written over the flap , anyway im still waiting for the alice pack cover to arrive ,but when it does ill post the updated picture ,thanks james

?

Quote by James C View Post
    sorry ive not replyed sooner ,ive had a nightmare week in work and its only tuesday ,many thanks for the kind words jake ,your right to mention "black hawk down "as apart from the nbc gear ,this display would also be good representaion of us troops in Somali ,thanks also steve and rené post away opex ,if it wasnt for you my display wouldnt be as complete ,i like your set up too and its reasurring to see the gear i have is roughly in the right place ,i like the buttpack you show ,can i ask whats written over the flap , anyway im still waiting for the alice pack cover to arrive ,but when it does ill post the updated picture ,thanks james

Hi James, no worries your welcome as ever. ( BTW -just re-read my previous post it should have said " I do NOT wish to hijack your thread ...typo ..sorry)

The buttpack says Howard and his serial number, left side bottom Desert Storm 90-91 , and bottom right hand side Persian Gulf Float 91-92.

I have no idea what the Persian Gulf "Float" relates too, and memory there is some graffiti written inside the pack, but it is in storage now???

I look forward to seeing the Alice cover when you post it up.

As an afterthought, have you considered using some Night Desert uniforms for the Gulf War display too, I am particularly keen on this pattern ?

Regards,Opex

Quote by Opex View Post
    Hi James, no worries your welcome as ever. ( BTW -just re-read my previous post it should have said " I do NOT wish to hijack your thread ...typo ..sorry)

The buttpack says Howard and his serial number, left side bottom Desert Storm 90-91 , and bottom right hand side Persian Gulf Float 91-92.

I have no idea what the Persian Gulf "Float" relates too, and memory there is some graffiti written inside the pack, but it is in storage now???

I look forward to seeing the Alice cover when you post it up.

As an afterthought, have you considered using some Night Desert uniforms for the Gulf War display too, I am particularly keen on this pattern ?

Regards,Opex
    Yup that night camo is getting harder to get now!.....

?

Quote by Gunny Hartmann View Post
    Yup that night camo is getting harder to get now!.....
    Too true Gunny, I always hankered for a reversible night desert/Choc chip parka, which I believe were SF issue , but it always alluded me.

I do have a number of the Parkas/Trousers in this pattern, one of my favourite "Digi patterns".

Quote by Opex View Post
    Too true Gunny, I always hankered for a reversible night desert/Choc chip parka, which I believe were SF issue , but it always alluded me.

I do have a number of the Parkas/Trousers in this pattern, one of my favourite "Digi patterns".
    I quite like it too but in service it was next to useless!......"During the Gulf War, one scout/sniper section of a Marine Corps battalion conducted a night test comparing the visibility of the desert night camouflage clothing with six-color desert uniforms and winter overwhites. The night camouflage clothing proved to be more visible than both the day desert uniforms and winter overwhites when viewed though an AN/PVS-5 night vision device."

G'day All

I just have three items from the period, a 91 dated helmet cover, 90 dated 3 colour desert cammo shirt & a 84 dated choco shirt

Oh I forgot I have this 3 colour 91 contract helmet cover! make that 4 items

i agree the night camo is an interesting addition to have as is the woodland nbc suit ,i guess its just how far you want to collect for a display like this ,René you have some great items ,i like the reversed goggles look on that tasty aussiecam composite ive seen us troops wear the googles in this way too ,here's a few referance pictures to hopefully justify why i had covered the voicemitter on the gasmask with the hood and also the use of tan desert boots US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast