MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Article about: Hello, You have a great handle on the uniform and insignia. The uniform was in service for quite some time because of operations in that theater. A bush hat or patrol cap would be nice. Thes

Fred Green
    ?

Hello,

Great job on the display! As other have said, great model, position and gear!!

I went down to our local History room today and took a couple of pictures of one of our local Vet's uniform. His boots are very interesting! It is a jungle boot in brown with a black sole. He also wears O.D. Green name tapes, US army and Unit patch, and Pin on rank. On his helmet he has drawn his rank on the cover. He was not issued a buttpack. US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.The mask was not his but is complete with -10 maintenance manual, DA form 2404, Test paper, Winterization kit and Plastic bag for wet weather climates.

Fred
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US "Operation Desert Storm" display.   US "Operation Desert Storm" display.  

US "Operation Desert Storm" display.   US "Operation Desert Storm" display.  

2. # ADS

good evening fred ,many thanks for the kind words and for your help and also for taking the time to visit this history room and take all these detailed pictures ,i like the fact you can handle the items ,the mask looks to have perscription lenses inside ,the complete display is awesome and also the boots are very interesting ,ive not seen black soles before ,i wonder what became of jamie post gulf war ,thanks again, james

Fred Green
    ?

Hello James,

Thanks for the kind words.
    There were a pair of prescription glasses in the mask. The one thing that was missing was the M58A1 Personal Decontamination Kit. These used to hang off of the front "D" ring on the mask carrier ,where yours is hanging. Once the M11 Decon kit for personal equipment decontamination was no longer used the M58A1 kit was then put in the rear pocket of the Protective mask carrier. There were 4 different types of personal decon kits. The M258 and M258A1 were used for training and have a blue or blue tint label. The M58 and M58A1 were wartime stock. During mobilization for Desert Shield, the masks had the hoods, filters and M258 Decon kits exchanged for new wartime stock. Hoods used for training were supposed to be marked with a blue mark on the back of the hood so they were easily recognizable as a training hood.

Fred

superb information fred, you certainly know your stuff .im learning alot, thanks again james

well finally the alice pack choc chip covers arrived today from the states ,side by side i would say size large and medium ,ive heard the are commonly seen as spare 4x4 tyre covers in the us of a ,it simply fits around the pack via an elasticated rim ,US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display. also i wanted to see what the display looked like with my choc chip covered m1 as referance to the early 1980 operation bright star excersises ,i have yet to find concrete proof 6 colour covers were even produced at this time period for the us army ,all the referance pictures seem to point towards a plain tan cover ,US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.here's my pair of iraqi army m80's the one on the left was identified as republican guard recon unit also the righthand one sits on top of a republican guard beret bearing the pre 91 eagleUS "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display. my displays final resting place near to my desert helmet grouping US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display. after complaints from my 8 year old i decided a festive theme might be in order US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

?

Excellent display James I loved the thread very interesting read.. & a top dollar soldier you have there... Cheers Terry.

many thanks for the kind words terry ,it means a lot and glad you enjoyed veiwing my breakdown of all the kit , i can see similarities between the british webbing in the us kit ,i did a lot of research on this display and hope i got it right ,i just need a nice deact m16 a2 to complete i doubt the missus would let me spend any more money on it though ,thanks again james

Fantastic James as ever,just wanted to ask with regards to the guns?they look good are they original or something else?think you man(does he have a name)looks all dressed up ready for some serious butt kicking indeed,great thread mate.............

?

Yep James I think an M16A2 will set you back a good 1500 pounds or more..???I think he looks great as he is & you can tell you have put lots of time & effort because I learnt quite a bit from this thread I've re-read it 2 times it was that interesting..So what is next James??.......Cheers Terry.

many thanks jake glad you like the display ,to be honest ive not named him as yet ,the guns are perfect for display ,the thompson was scratch built by my father many decades ago ,and thanks again tez ,i guess the m16 is out of the question then ,and i though SLR's were expensive ,as you say its no big deal having one ,it might very well blot out some of the display ,as for the future ill have to have a word with my financial advisor ,her in doors for the time being im totally banned from any online purchases ,i have spent my monthly allowance 4 times over in one month as it did cost me an arm and a leg to complete ,what i found was the items i needed and bought from the states allthough very reasonable almost tripled in price due to the postage involved ,but needs must as alot of the kit is non existent here in the uk ,i often wonder if in say 70 years or so will gulf war items like these be desirable to a future market ,in the same way as world war items are today ,cheers james

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast