Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Article about: Hello, You have a great handle on the uniform and insignia. The uniform was in service for quite some time because of operations in that theater. A bush hat or patrol cap would be nice. Thes

Default US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

afternoon guys ,over the past few months ive been collecting field gear and equipment in the hope of adding it all together in one mannequin display ,based on a ground troops us soldier circa 1991 ,perhaps its a little too modern for this forum but as its now over 20 years since the first gulf war and written into the history books im hoping it will be ok to post here ,ive wanted to do a gulf war display for a long time as its a favourite genre of mine ,what i have noted is the longevity of the equipment used especially the webbing, pouches and canteens , little has changed since the great war and through into ww2 obviously the equipment has evolved though ,i guess if it works why change it ,please note this is a generic display and not based on any particular unit or rank ,there are possibly a few discrepancies and open to debate ,im no real expert on the subject and i realise there are veterans on this forum that might have a different view of certain items used, i will cover these as i add the items ,im running the thread in reverse showing what equipment ive picked up first , ill start off with the 6 colour pattern uniform ,know as cookie dough or chocolate chip the daytime desert shirt is dated 1991 ,the trousers i was surprised to learn were dated 1983 so a real early version ,please bear with me as i post more items US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement US "Operation Desert Storm" display.
    P
    Many

20 years since the first Gulf War?

Damn, I'm really beginning to feel my age now.

Nice pick ups. Were they ever issued, or 'NOS'?

Cheers

thanks allegra ,unissued i believe so nice and minty , james

Yep - they sure look like it!

Congrats on the pick up again.

Cheers
    Tim

very cool james they look great on display . here is a display so far I just need helmet and helmet cover and a little webbing . This gear is starting to get collectable now and getting more $$ to get . seems the paint ballers love it too.

?

Good start James..I do like the choco chip cam..I myself thnk it was a very effective cam for the desert.. Good luck on the display & keep us all informed!!. Cheers Terry.

like i said please bear with us as i try and post my collection first ,thanks ,next the composite pasgt helmet dated 87/88 ive owned this for quite a few years and originally wore the woodlands cover the 6 colour ground troops cover is dated 1991 ,also a big thanks to russell for providing the sun wind and dust goggles ,these are dated 1974 thanks again russ and sonUS "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Quote by Tango View Post
    Good start James..I do like the choco chip cam..I myself thnk it was a very effective cam for the desert.. Good luck on the display & keep us all informed!!. Cheers Terry.
    cheers terry

Well done James!
    These are an easy to like pattern of camo, I have always liked them anyways. It can be difficult to paint in scale but the result can be appealing. I look forward to seeing it complete.
    Ralph.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture US "Operation Desert Storm" display.   US "Operation Desert Storm" display.  

US "Operation Desert Storm" display.   US "Operation Desert Storm" display.  

Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

now into the the all purpose ,lightweight ,carrying,equiptment ,"ALICE" the backpack is mounted onto a metal frame ,allthough i cant find any stamps within the pack ,im judging its a size medium ,i would be interested to know where to look on the pack for the ink stamps also the load bearing suspender rig " lc-2 "and nylon webbing pistol belt ,i believe it has the usmc plastic buckle ,please correct me if im wrong the date stamp unfortunately is illegible but might be a later dated 2000 example ,also m16 ammunition pouches ,these have a side pockets for the m67 grenade ,again a design that harks back to vietnam albiet without the side pockets ,next 2x water canteens ,i have to thank a member on here for providing a few of these pieces so many thanks "opex" a great bloke ,also the m12 sidearm holster ,designed by bianchi in the 80's it was the standard issue to the armed forces ,here is my first admission of a possible discrepancy ,i believe the m9 or m1911 was only issued to nco's only and not from privates to corporals ,but as i dont have an m16 a2 assault rifle yet i needed something for the display ,what i like about he holster is the ambidextrous design being easily converted to left or righthand use ,its fixed to the belt via a spring clips ,finally a butt pack ,picked up locally here in wales ,its had a field repair on the front flap using a similar material US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.US "Operation Desert Storm" display.

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast