Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

USAAF Collection

Article about: G'day All, Figured to display shots in one thread of my USAAF gear + a couple of USNAF bits that I've taken shots of over the years! it's not my complete lot but close to it. Sorry for any d

?

Brilliant collection Rene, didn't know you collected AAF gear. I have a few pieces from my US GI collecting days. I happened upon this little gem when I went to buy a lighted display case. Needless to say, I had to create a display to show it off.

USAAF CollectionUSAAF CollectionUSAAF CollectionUSAAF CollectionUSAAF CollectionUSAAF CollectionUSAAF Collection

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement USAAF Collection
    P
    Many

Ahh bloody hell WOW!! C1 vest to top it off. I'd kill for a chute ensemble, I was going to ask on what the jacket is but I see it's a 41
    Last edited by reneblacky; 10-31-2016 at 07:14 AM. Reason: added text

have a pair of throat mikes but I can't find the set, had to make up a neck strap

?

Quote by reneblacky View Post
    Ahh bloody hell WOW!! C1 vest to top it off. I'd kill for a chute ensemble, I was going to ask on what the jacket is but I see it's a 41
    Not a bad investment. When I was asked if I had any use for a parachute I was dumbfounded. I collect RCAF, so an Irving chute would have been perfect, except this was a U.S. made Irving. Embarrassing to say it cost me about I would pay for a good meal for the wife and I.

What you th is an M-1941 jacket is actually a summer weight flight suit, one of two I own. The display sits on a large TV turntable I had on hand, I can rotate it 360 degrees.

?

have a pair of throat mikes but I can't find the set, had to make up a neck strap
    I bought mine so many years ago and it was an in box item. So after maybe twenty-five years sitting in a drawer, I finally have a way yo display it.

?

Awesome set up gbalke!!!!

I'm a major AAF fan, mainly the 8th AF. My avatar is a pic of my Uncle Joe(B17 tail gunner) I have full sets of enlisted and officer uniforms but only the flight helmet, goggles and o2 mask set up. I eventually want to do the full B17 gunner display!!

Semper Fi
    Phil

?

Quote by AZPhil View Post
    Awesome set up gbalke!!!!

I'm a major AAF fan, mainly the 8th AF. My avatar is a pic of my Uncle Joe(B17 tail gunner) I have full sets of enlisted and officer uniforms but only the flight helmet, goggles and o2 mask set up. I eventually want to do the full B17 gunner display!!

Semper Fi
    Phil
    Thanks Phil.

Would a tail gunner wear the same steel helmet typically worn by B-17 crew? Not sure if space would allow.

Had to whack on the pistol belt
    again I suffer from the rotation issue!! used two different cameras etc.. to try and fix!

Friggen have to use the snipping tool

?

Out of curiosity, what would you offer in terms of $ or trade (RAAF?) for the chute? Imagine shipping would be outrages.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast