MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here

Useful mortar

Article about: Good morning all, Here's a French Mle 81mm(?), chopped mortar round which I've just cleaned up, polished and lacquered. I'll display poppy's in it for the 11th. The revolver is an antique Fr

Default Useful mortar

Good morning all,
    Here's a French Mle 81mm(?), chopped mortar round which I've just cleaned up, polished and lacquered. I'll display poppy's in it for the 11th. The revolver is an antique French pin fire in 7mm cal.

Can anyone let me know if it's possible to attach pictures to a private message, and if so, how to do it? Please forgive my computer ineptitude, I still live in the world of valves and crystals!

Thanks in advance,
    Best regards,
    navyman.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Useful mortar  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Useful mortar
    P
    Many

Default Re: Useful mortar

hi Great Guy!Congratulations for your work!To answer you,I don't think you can attach a pic to a pm.Tried too,but failed.Maybe cause I'm French....as your terrible items.

Quote by sebfrench76 View Post
    hi Great Guy!Congratulations for your work!To answer you,I don't think you can attach a pic to a pm.Tried too,but failed.Maybe cause I'm French....as your terrible items.
    Hello again Sebastien,
    I'm glad you picked up on this thread, as I intended to pm it to you and make a French theme for remembrance day. I'm pleased with the 81mm mortar, it was badly scratched when I got it and rusty inside. Now after much clean and polishing it has nice red lacquer inside and clear on outside so ok to put flowers in. My daughter will approve as she likes me to make "Swords into plowshares" types of item. For example trench art things. I made a new pipe cleaner/tamper on a boring afternoon recently using a 1943 .303 case and cut projectile, a little soldering, and a small file.
    Also shown is a trench lantern made from a 37mm case and part exploded projectile, which I restored to working order,
    Best wishes to you and all your family,
    Guy.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Useful mortar   Useful mortar  

Useful mortar   Useful mortar  

Hi Guy, your display works very well. A nice theme.

You cannot add a pic to a PM by uploading like you do on the forum proper. The only way would be to add a link to an outside photo hosting website.

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade,
    That explains why I couldn't work out how to do it!
    I'm glad you like the display, the mortar will be decorated with poppys for the 11th.
    All best,
    Guy.