Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

various 3º reich items bought in poland

Article about: Most likely a civilian sign in common use as described else where on the forum.

?

Most likely a civilian sign in common use as described else where on the forum.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement various 3º reich items bought in poland
    P
    Many

Yeah I just found the thread, my sign looks just like it, including the damage. (Mega Rare - Perhaps most unique/rare item in my collection)

I will keep it for now until I'm 100% sure it's a fake, but it doesn't feel good

Another lesson learned I guess

Quote by MoparJW View Post
    Yeah I just found the thread, my sign looks just like it, including the damage. (Mega Rare - Perhaps most unique/rare item in my collection)

I will keep it for now until I'm 100% sure it's a fake, but it doesn't feel good

Another lesson learned I guess
    They are quite common on ebay Poland mate, aged repros!..

I've got a similar electricity sign, except it reads ''achtung'' instead of the Polish words.
    According to the seller it was removed from a German WW2 bunker after the war...
    Are you sure the seller said ' ww2 bunker' and not '1960's rail road post'?

Did a little search on google, and as said before, found some examples of these Polish signs in everyday civillian use:

Nie dotykac | Flickr - Photo Sharing!
    Nie dotykac Old rusted out danger sign in Warsaw by Stewedman

Now I'd like to know when the Germans started using these signs, and then I'll be asking for a refund I guess..

@ Feuerbach .. LOL

I see you're from luxembourg, are you 100% sure the achtung version of these signs were postwar? thats all I need to know

?

I've got a similar electricity sign, except it reads ''achtung'' instead of the Polish words.
    According to the seller it was removed from a German WW2 bunker after the war...
    Did it come with the Smithsonian signed letters and wax SS seal from the SS officer?
    Mine came with the seal in my avatar. I named him Max.

?

@ Feuerbach .. LOL

I see you're from luxembourg, are you 100% sure the achtung version of these signs were postwar? thats all I need to know
    YES. Yes. Yes. Yes. These are not German bunker signs. These are common postwar civilian signs.

?

Petertosh "German items bought in Poland" is a scary thread title. Don't buy German items from Poland. Buy them from forum members. Poland is the land of the fakes.

The thread title was one where you expect it to be full of fakes before you open it IMHO, which in this case it mostly was, again.
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast