Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Very modest SS collection

Article about: G'day all, I thought I would post a couple of pics of my SS collection, it is very small in comparison to most of the outstanding SS collections on this great forum but It is a start. More i

Default Re: Very modest SS collection

Thanks fellas.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Hi Dave

Would it be inappropriate to ask what you paid for your items mate? I have no SS items, the only piece I had was a helmet that my mum bought me for my 21st way back in 1980 (she wasn't too happy with my choice of present!). It cost the princely sum of $80 Alas, that was stolen in 2003 and now is out of my range to replace I do like your collar tabs.

Quote by WHW Meister View Post
    Hi Dave

Would it be inappropriate to ask what you paid for your items mate? I have no SS items, the only piece I had was a helmet that my mum bought me for my 21st way back in 1980 (she wasn't too happy with my choice of present!). It cost the princely sum of $80 Alas, that was stolen in 2003 and now is out of my range to replace I do like your collar tabs.
    G'day Troy,
    I paid $4000 for the dagger, from Paul at lakesidetrader.com
    $480 for the runic collar tab from collectors guild
    $270 for the unterscharfuhrers collar tab from collectors guild
    $1000 for the skull from Sid, a forum member
    $400 (I think) for the eagle, again from Sid.

I work with a mate on saturday mornings and I use the money I earn with him to buy things for my collection, that way the missus is alright about it. It takes me a long time to afford these things - the dagger was a year but I'm not in trouble when I get them. Cheers mate,
    Dave.

Hi Dave, well done on your collection.

You are going about building this up the right way and I wish more people would do the same: vetting things on the forum first and not getting into debt!

Cheers, Ade.

Thanks Ade, I appreciate the comment. I try to buy from reputable people, I may pay a bit more but I think it is worth every extra cent to have absolutely no doubt that my items are 100% original. This hobby is just too expensive to take risks in my opinion. Since I discovered this excellent forum I feel even more confident in my purchases as I now have access to a combined knowledge in the hobby that must be in the hundreds of years. I am very grateful for the advice and help I have received here, I'm sure I am not the only person who has saved a lot of heartache thanks to the freely given help by everyone here. Thank you all.

by the way I forgot the SS armband, $400 from Paul at lakesidetrader.com - another genuinely decent, honest and helpful man.
    cheers,
    Dave.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123