Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

W.W.1 Grenades

Article about: Hi, I thought some of you might like to ID, some WW1 grenades. So I have put some on for you to see. Some are common ones, but other you might not have seen before? The German mortar is one

Default W.W.1 Grenades

Hi, I thought some of you might like to ID, some WW1 grenades.

So I have put some on for you to see. Some are common ones, but other you might not have seen before? The German mortar is one i restored after being dug on the somme.

Dave.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement W.W.1 Grenades
    P
    Many

Default re: W.W.1 Grenades

the one in the first picture with the wooden handle and the large metal block on it is a "hairbrush" grenade, I think its British. The other big one is what looks like a German stick grenade. The one on the left of the cylinder shaped one is French, and the one on the right of the cylinder shaped on is a German egg grenade. On the right of that is a German "disk" grenade. Behind that are a couple of British Mills bombs. I dont know about the ones in the second and third pics but the one in the second pic with the wooden handle is French I think???
    I'm not really an expert on this kind of thing, but I hope I've got at least some right

Nice Bren Gun

Default re: W.W.1 Grenades

Great collection , cheers Raymond

Default Re: W.W.1 Grenades

I forgot to mention, you have done a superb job restoring that German mortar round