MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

War Room Makeover; Then and Now

Article about: Lovely reading! You guys take the collecting and displaying to a new level. I joy to read. Thanks Laplander

Default Re: War Room Makeover; Then and Now

Lovely reading!
    You guys take the collecting and displaying to a new level.
    I joy to read.
    Thanks
    Laplander

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement War Room Makeover; Then and Now
    P
    Many

Here are a few updates to the progress. I had to turn the lights down quite a bit to avoid washout, so that is why it looks so dark. The room will be accented with two corner lamps in the rear of the room to brighten the room a bit. When dealing with such deep colors, it is a must to have ample lighting because of the very low reflectivity.

The painting is complete. I have decided to cover the far wall with fabric before applying base boards and crown molding...it never seems to stop...

I am going for a Victorian library look, hence the dark colors.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now  
    Last edited by Steven M; 01-22-2010 at 10:50 PM.
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The color shown in the photo of the dimmer switch is pretty true to what the wall paint actually looks like, but it is just a bit deeper than this shows - almost like an aged brick color.

I haven't finished the crown molding yet, however, I do have the stained corner blocks in place. More photos as I near completion...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now   War Room Makeover; Then and Now  

[B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Picked this up at Home Depot tonight; next step, stain and gloss coat. I am nearing completion rapidly now.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture War Room Makeover; Then and Now  

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

To continue my on-line reference of progress... Here is what the molding looks like after stain and gloss coat was applied.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I made a lot of progress today with the help of good ol' Mom. I finally boxed in the upper ceiling with crown molding. I think it came out OK. Just a note, the colors are deeper, the flash brightens it more than the actual.
    Last edited by Steven M; 01-28-2010 at 03:55 PM.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

And with a little "mood" lighting...

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

I had decided about half way through the project to cover the rear wall in fabric. I did this in three sections using staples. I still have to affix the trim, boards to cover the staples. It looks quite nice, and will post a photo soon.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

The three panels are in place now. I alternated a burgundy, brown/gold fleur de lis pattern with the burgundy panels to the outside. None of the seams or staples will show after I apply wood trim to frame the wall.
    Last edited by Steven M; 01-28-2010 at 03:58 PM.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Taking a few steps back, this gives a good idea of the effect.

[/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast