Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

A work in progress

Article about: A couple of quick pics of the collection to date. Still have many items on the list......don’t we all.

?

Default A work in progress

A couple of quick pics of the collection to date. Still have many items on the list......don’t we all. I call it my Ger(man) cave.

A work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progress

A work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progressA work in progress

A work in progress

A work in progressA work in progress
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture A work in progress   A work in progress  

A work in progress   A work in progress  

A work in progress  
    Last edited by visor; 04-03-2019 at 10:45 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement A work in progress
    P
    Many

Omg

This looks like a museum

what a great assemblage and presentation !!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Very tastefully done. I'm a firm believer that if you can afford to collect quality items, you can afford to protect and display them. This is definitely an example of the right way to care for a collection

MAP
    ?

I'm echoing Larry's initial response!

Superb. One of the finest set ups I have ever seen. The lighting is fantastic as well.

Once I get to finish my "unfinished" basement. This is what I had in mind as well. Now I have a template to work off of.

(btw...You are permanently excluded from the Ugly War Room club! )

Can you tell us where you got the three tall wood cabinets next to the uniform?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Forgot one

A work in progress

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    I'm echoing Larry's initial response!

Superb. One of the finest set ups I have ever seen. The lighting is fantastic as well.

Once I get to finish my "unfinished" basement. This is what I had in mind as well. Now I have a template to work off of.

(btw...You are permanently excluded from the Ugly War Room club! )

Can you tell us where you got the three tall wood cabinets next to the uniform?
    I bought seven of the tall slim cabinets, one corner, and a double wide one also. These were bought at what was then Martens Furniture store..........Buhler is the Maker. I would advise against large headgear for the slim vertical cabinets, the detolfs are much deeper.....and cheaper.

The cabinet is called The Milan, it is on the buhler website.

?

Wow, you have your own personal museum ! What a fantastic and dedicated set up. Cheers !

Fricken' WOW! That is an outstanding set up! It is very well laid out and I think would be very interesting to the unfamiliar. Well done for sure! I wish I had the room for that style display! The alcoves are great ideas. All in all, a damn fine display you have there!!

MAP
    ?

Quote by visor View Post
    I bought seven of the tall slim cabinets, one corner, and a double wide one also. These were bought at what was then Martens Furniture store..........Buhler is the Maker. I would advise against large headgear for the slim vertical cabinets, the detolfs are much deeper.....and cheaper.

The cabinet is called The Milan, it is on the buhler website.
    Thanks! I see now what you mean about their depth. Not good for helmets. I have a few detolfs but these two can only get 1 helmet per shelf. With 120+/- pieces of headgear it is very difficult to find a suitable display so I have resorted to barrister bookcases which are terrible in terms of lighting. Oh well...I will figure something out eventually....Now....back to your museum!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

AMAZING! Very nice items displayed extremely well. It is nice to have something to strive for. Thank you for sharing your years of labor.
    John

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast