Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

WW2 German Wehrmacht Heer Infantry Bust

Article about: Hi collectors, it’s been a while since I last posted, but after a fantastic trip to a militaria show last weekend - I’ve finally managed to get a hold of enough equipment to dress a bust and

Default WW2 German Wehrmacht Heer Infantry Bust

Hi collectors,

it’s been a while since I last posted, but after a fantastic trip to a militaria show last weekend - I’ve finally managed to get a hold of enough equipment to dress a bust and wanted to share the result with you!

After a little more than 1 year collecting; things are finally shaping up! Safe to say that you guys were right, when you commented that I would need a bigger box, as I first shared my medal- & small trinkets collection a year ago, convinced that cute little box would suffice... Oh how wrong I was - This hobby is both a blessing and a curse; it’s highly addictive!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WW2 German Wehrmacht Heer Infantry Bust
    P
    Many

?

Welcome to the fold. you've done very well for one year. That rig you set up is very cool. Some more closeups of the components would be great. Thanks for posting, Al

Thank you, I’m also very happy with the way it turned out!

Regarding close-ups; I’ve unfortunately dismantled the bust again, since it was something temporary I built (jacket stuffed with pillows, supported by clothing stand) for the sake of taking pictures. Trust me; I’d love to display this permanently, but pretty sure that crosses the line of what my wife will let slide in the livingroom...

I do however have the items on display in shelves and have posted some pictures from there below, including some items not on the rig. Otherwise, I’ve ordered a Y-Strap that I’m waiting for, once that arrives I probably won’t be able to stop myself from putting the rig back together and can then take more pictues, including good close-ups!

Last edited by TheJackal83; 10-08-2019 at 10:01 AM. Reason: Removed duplicate image

[QUOTE Trust me; I’d love to display this permanently, but pretty sure that crosses the line of what my wife will let slide in the livingroom... [/QUOTE]

That's the trouble with wife's... they have absolutely no taste at all when it come to the finer points of militaria displays! Thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

Really nicely presented - i think the items look just as good in the display cabinet as well.
    Nick

Quote by HARRY THE MOLE View Post
    That's the trouble with wife's... they have absolutely no taste at all when it come to the finer points of militaria displays! Thanks for showing.

Cheers,
    Steve

Haha, very true!

Oh well; we’re hopefully moving to a bigger place soon and I’ve made it perfectly clear that I will be claiming 1 room to act as my war room, which I plan to furnish with period furniture and create an authentic environment to display my collection in context - Create a lifesize diorama!

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Really nicely presented - i think the items look just as good in the display cabinet as well.
    Nick
    Thanks! I hope to have a mix in the future: Some selected items ”in the spotlight” in cabinets, some displayed on mannequins and some ”scattered” about as details to provide context (period magazines, newspapers lying on a desk etc.)

Very nice display.....and nice photography too.

Quote by Blackdog View Post
    Very nice display.....and nice photography too.
    Thank you!

Very nice indeed

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast