Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

WWI 82nd Division Division Display

Article about: Here is a little display I put together a while back. Now, I've got to put together something for my Air Service collection & Tank Corps...

Default WWI 82nd Division Division Display

Here is a little display I put together a while back. Now, I've got to put together something for my Air Service collection & Tank Corps...
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture WWI 82nd Division Division Display  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWI 82nd Division Division Display
    P
    Many

Default Re: WWI 82nd Division Division Display

Beautiful items and great-looking display Chuck! It would be very cool if he had applied for the PH and you could find it...is this tunic named?
    [B][COLOR=Black][SIZE=3][FONT=Book Antiqua][I] Steve[/I][/FONT][/SIZE][/COLOR][/B]

[CENTER][I][FONT=Georgia][COLOR=orange]Did you ever get the feeling that the world was a tuxedo and you were a pair of brown shoes?[/COLOR][/FONT]
    [/I][/CENTER]
    [B]
    [SIZE=3][COLOR=lemonchiffon][I][CENTER][FONT=Georgia]"Fly on dear boy, from this dark world of strife. On to the promised land to eternal life"[/FONT][/CENTER]
    [/I][/COLOR][/SIZE][/B]

?

Very nice and tastefully done display!

I agree, a great display!

Cheers, Ade.

Thank you all for your kind words. Besides collecting all this old stuff, I also pursue an interest in photography.
    I don't remember if the uniform was identified but certain other pieces of equipment were. The leggings had the name "Ross" written on the inside & the Mills bet had "Fred". I do remember finding a 'Fred Ross' that was wounded in the 82nd Div, 321st Artillery Rgt during WWI. All that data was lost when my computer crashed last year. I know, I know...I should have backed it up on an external drive or at least print a copy for the records...Let's just say I learned my lesson.
    In regards to the Mills belt, there are several little red/brown droplet stains that I thought at first was rust, but the pattern & my overall gut impression was blood staining.
    Basically, everything you see belonged to him except for the helmet, patches, portrait & flag. The only thing I didn't display was Ross's overcoat. Somewhere along the line, the shoulder insignia on the overcoat was removed. Dang it!