Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

WWII Third Reich Display Room - Complete

Article about: About 2 years ago I began the website cataloging each item. Sold off much of the relic condition pieces and kept my minty cream for my room. After about 6 months of construction, budget batt

MAP
    ?

Quote by wpheaton View Post
    Kirk, I am looking forward to visiting my kids in St. Paul sometime and possibly seeing this amazing display first hand. It is truly spectacular. Certainly would like to meet the wonderful lady who supports you in all of this. Proverbs 31:10 "A wife of noble character who can find? She is worth far more than rubies." You have been blessed to find a noble wife.

William
    True again...btw...my wife loves rubies too..lol.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement WWII Third Reich Display Room - Complete
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Kirk..

Love those cases. Where did you get them? The barrister book cases I use are great but there is lots of wasted space and they are quite dark.

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Well done congratulations, top quality items and display, Regards, Juan

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Kirk..

Love those cases. Where did you get them? The barrister book cases I use are great but there is lots of wasted space and they are quite dark.
    They are tops of a hutch from Thomasville. They will not sell them as separates but the cases are actually the upper section. I found one damaged they would sell me that I fixed up and got discounted. The other was a full unit and as you see to the left of mannequin has no top. Got a buddy making me a granite top for it and I will have a 3 tier Mauser and rifle display on top of it. Just need to hoist the battle flag behind mannequin or munitions crates. The cabinets are pricey and go by name visualite by Thomasville. Not light And got a good burn lifting them into the house. Shelves hold about 40 lbs so I needed to be selective to avoid a crash some day. Anyway that's the case data.
    "It's not whether you get knocked down...It's whether you get up"

My Collection: www.tothehiltmilitaria.com

MAP
    ?

Thanks! They look great. And can't wait to see how you display the Mausers. I need to build something for my Panzerfaust and my Katana's....someday...

Room size looks similar to my cave. Mine is 10x10. Just wish it was a 12x12. But then again, I would just fill this space up with more stuff and then wish I had a 14x14 and so on....LoL...

Great website, thanks

My Collection: home

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Thanks! They look great. And can't wait to see how you display the Mausers. I need to build something for my Panzerfaust and my Katana's....someday...

Room size looks similar to my cave. Mine is 10x10. Just wish it was a 12x12. But then again, I would just fill this space up with more stuff and then wish I had a 14x14 and so on....LoL...
    I am thinking of welding maybe my own stands for the mausers at 3 height levels with some industrial looking lag bolts, wrought iron / steel and give it a 1940's rustic weathered look or finish to match the cabinet's metal. Depends on my time and energy level

MAP
    ?

That's sounds like it's gonna look great. Are you planning to have it step back a few inches for each mauser. Like a set of stairs to give it a bit of stability.

Im Breathless !!
    It is not the size of a Collection in History that matters......Its the size of your Passion for it!! - Larry C

One never knows what tree roots push to the surface of what laid buried before the tree was planted - Larry C

“The farther back you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see.” - Winston Churchill

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    That's sounds like it's gonna look great. Are you planning to have it step back a few inches for each mauser. Like a set of stairs to give it a bit of stability.
    That is the plan. Got to sketch it out and I will post. May use wood but metal would be cool...

Page 4 of 26 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast