Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

DAF Buckle

Article about: Found this at a Flea market and wanted some expert advice. It is still very shiny, nickle and silver? I really can not find a single flaw on the front face. It hard to take a picture of with

Default DAF Buckle

Found this at a Flea market and wanted some expert advice. It is still very shiny, nickle and silver? I really can not find a single flaw on the front face. It hard to take a picture of without my reflection in it. In my case if something looks to be too good to be true it usually is. But I am by far no expert on these. Please let me know what you guys think. Its MINT so i am questioning it.DAF BuckleDAF BuckleDAF BuckleDAF BuckleDAF Buckle

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement DAF Buckle
    P
    Many

Nice DAF buckle by Overhoff & Cie Ludenscheid that has been chromed, when that was done I am unsure

- - ------- - -

Welcome to the forum BTW
    Ben

Thanks for the welcome! The woman selling it wanted $70, I offered 35 and she just said yes. Had a good number of WWII pins and some German so I thought it may be legit and figured what the hell for 35 bucks.

Mate at $35 you have robbed the lady, that is a very very good price for that buckle
    Ben

you did double well.

Just moved it to DAF sub forum
    Ben

Hello,

nice original Overhoff Aluminium buckle .

But think it is post war polish , because the rounded contours on the front and looks very fresh ...........
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I thought it looked a little too fresh as well. Are these buckles still reproduced? I have been looking all over and can not find another chrome looking one. The Woman that was selling it had all old military stuff, a lot of pins and patches so I was hoping it was not a knock off. But threw the 35 dollar offer in case it was a fake. If you want more pictures of any part that may help pinpoint the creation time please let me know. Thanks for the help!

Quote by dispo17 View Post
    I thought it looked a little too fresh as well. Are these buckles still reproduced? I have been looking all over and can not find another chrome looking one. The Woman that was selling it had all old military stuff, a lot of pins and patches so I was hoping it was not a knock off. But threw the 35 dollar offer in case it was a fake. If you want more pictures of any part that may help pinpoint the creation time please let me know. Thanks for the help!
    Hello,

your buckle is 1000% original .

Never chrome gets on Aluminium !

Aluminium buckles are anodized or collored .

Your's looks like fresh natural aluminium , polished up . Only at the front !

Here to comparison some Pic's from user Gwar . Not the sharp contours :

DAF BuckleDAF Buckle
    Regards ,
    Markus

I'm searching for
    Buckles 3.Reich

special SA/NSKK/NSFK with maker marks

Link to my collection : http://www.warrelics.eu/forum/album.php?albumid=1175

I definitely see the difference there. The placement of the swastika inside the gear matches up as does every other placement of features i can see. All the edges have a beveled look and feel on the front. Maybe this occurred during the polishing?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast